S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Silver/Silver at heishmans

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-1999, 04:33 PM
Scot Kight

Default Silver/Silver at heishmans

So it said 35 miles, and Bob said "Please dont put to many miles on it" Handed me the keys, didnt even blink an eye about my 2 friends (one who wants a TT) and said have fun.

Went through the required stuff, sunroof works, stereo works, cupholder works, cigarette lighter, oooh neat slow action popup ;>

Shifter: Notchy, longish throws. BUT. Very solid feeling. Clutch is a bit grabby, but good. I would like a bit more feel to the clutch, but thats ok. No slippage at all that I could feel, but I didnt want to dump the clutch or go crazy, it is a new car.

Interior: Wow, its attention to detail. Its perfect. Wow.

Exterior: Stealth.

Rims: yeah ;> Those work nicely. They look great on the car.

Tires: Decent. I threw the car around a bit in a parking lot. Suspension is VERY nice esp for the ride it gives. No real body roll, good transitions, and traction is really nice even under power through a turn. Quattro works wonderfully.

Power: Wow, yes there is a bit of lag. It actually makes driving the car MORE pleasurable. That 1/4 second it takes to get the power to come on gives it a SMOOOOOOOOTHe power increase, even though the power is DRAMATIC. Through a turn on a track, it takes the guess work out of getting the power down. You dont have to worry about hitting the throttle and worrying about breaking the rear end free. Just mash it and off you go like a bat out of hell.

Steering wheel: Thick, stong feeling. Not over damped at all. If anything my rx7's is a bit lighter. And much more twitchy. (alignment isnt right, drove in dc.. ugh I hate dc roads. I refuse to take my car into dc anymore, at least the rims are fine)

Oh and heated seats are still fun when the guy in the passenger seat asks "hey, is it hot in here?"

I cant wait. week 40 production date. Which was last week. Currently no vin. So maybe this weekend I will get the vin. Then 4-12weeks after that I get the car !!!!

Oh one more thing. Sitting at a stop light, one of the 2 daves in my car said "Damn, this thing is quiet, I like quiet, but I want to be able to hear the engine."

I obliged.

Sound: Super quiet sitting around, or putting around. EXTREMELY smooth. Hit the throttle, and a nice growl eminates from the engine bay, and a faint turbo spool is heard. Oh my.