S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Small post on my experiences today in NYC....as a doctor

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2001, 08:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Small post on my experiences today in NYC....as a doctor

I was on call monday night, and i was on my way to a clinic this morning, it all happened on my way to the clinic. i went to the clinic, saw my patients, then hightailed it back to one of my hospitals ( the closest one) and i helped them set up for the expected massive amount of patients. we had 5 police officers come in, but nothing major. they are expecting the major swamping of patients to hit ALL new york city hospitals early Wednesday moring and though the day. this is due to the fact that the disaster area was unaccessiblethough the day and now is when they are able to get to the area. I have worked 48 hours straight (24 Monday into tueasday) and all day into evening tonight. I am exhausted, so i was relieved. I am planning to get some rest and head into either liberty state park or into new york cuty tomorrow to help since i am a surgeon.
Alex
Old 09-11-2001, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get some rest and keep up the good work!
Old 09-11-2001, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default all i did today really was just to help set up, then..........WAIT

i wished i coulda seen patients today, i am fearing not being able to get in tomorrow; thats why if i can help, i might just call into work and tell them that i am going to help at the liberty state park triage center which is 5 mins from my house.
Alex
Old 09-11-2001, 08:25 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default I wonder how many people are going to get Asbestos exposure....

due to the debris and soot from the buildings. I'm sure there was asbestos in those buildings, and what this kind of inhaling does to you.

I also heard that unlike today, which is majority of shock and burn injuries, tomorrow is going to be more broken bones type of injuries.
Old 09-11-2001, 08:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

The buildings were built in the 70's. Wasn't asbestos gone by then?
Old 09-11-2001, 08:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default asbestos supposedly was phased out in the 70's. the WTC was built with

materials that should have been asbestos free. BUT the hopsital is ecpecting patients with inhalation related inury, lacerations, broken bones, and burns
Old 09-11-2001, 08:32 PM

Default Re: I wonder how many people are going to get Asbestos exposure....

How will they survive over night with broken bones and such? Or I guess I should say, how long can one survive in shock with severe bone breaks and other injuries?

Likewise, how is the finding of victims and survivors going? Are there enough people there to help?
Old 09-11-2001, 08:33 PM

Default as a family member of a wounded nyc police officer I would like to thank you and the rest of the

medical community for saving so many lives and in my family member's case limbs
Old 09-11-2001, 08:34 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Here's some news...

Since my dad was heading up the sprinklerization of the WTC up till 2 months ago with Port Authority of NY/NJ (his office was on the 85th floor of WTC2), their office was having a lot of difficulty with tenants who would relocate for temporary reasons within the WTC (but to a different area) in order for PA NY/NJ to install sprinkler systems.

They would ask PA to pay them instead of having this safety device installed. This was because when the Twin Towers were built, having sprinkler systems was not in the required building code yet.

Kind of amazing, huh? Wonder what would have been different if the automatic sprinkler systems or halon extuinguishing systems were activated due to the fire.
Old 09-11-2001, 08:34 PM

Default Re: Small post on my experiences today in NYC....as a doctor

I'm from Brazil and wish condolences for all the American people and all the humam being. This that happens today is very difficoult to believe.
I remember all the wars that happens in our world and this is worst as the people invelved didn't exepect this selvagery.

Fernando
From Salvador, Bahia, Brazil.

Quick Reply: Small post on my experiences today in NYC....as a doctor