S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

so how many here made it to the "Streets-of -tomorrow" event organized by audi

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so how many here made it to the "Streets-of -tomorrow" event organized by audi

i have to say it was impressive and well organized..i wish dealerships would work the same way ..
one of the rs4 drivers there was just amazing , took a whole bunch of rides with him .. it was awesome to see/feel that rs4 being thrown in those turns sideways.
the rs4 was nice .. but stg3s4 > b7rs4
Old 05-15-2006, 04:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I made it.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default :D

yep i did 2 laps .
Old 05-15-2006, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default orly ? ;)

i heard the next day it was empty there.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Makes sense. Some people came in from out of town. I know some D.C. folks drove up.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

^^^^better driver than McNish ;-)^^^^
Old 05-15-2006, 05:17 AM

Default Yea, he drove it. Damn good too. What a great job all of the AOA staff <long>

did. It was an extremely impressive set up. As we were getting close we started to see more and more Q7's flying by in packs of 5 or more (Starting to get excited). Then turning down the road that leads to the event we started to see yet more Q7's. Pulled into the parking lot at 8:10 and made a "B" line for registration with the sound of RS4 wheels screeching in the back round.

We registered and made our way to the line to drive the Q7 (Only Audi you could take out on surface streets). After driving that we went to the line for the RS4's and met PhillyburbS4. (Great meeting you Maurice and your brother). At the time we got in line they had two separate drivers ripping around the course, both with very different driving techniques. After getting thrown around the course in the RS4 we went over to the area that had 5 Q7 competitors and drove the BMW X5. Sorry if you own this vehicle, but man what a crap box. Throttle response was extremely delayed. Floor it, wait 3-5 sec' then vroooom. It handled like most SUV's, sloppy steering, tons of body roll (expected, but more than my Pathfinder), and mushy brakes. I figured all this was due to it being beaten day in and out, but it only had 740 miles on the ticker?

We then went and drove various Audis. The Crackdealer and Lemieux went over to the A8 and I went to the A3. They had a DSG and a six speed A3. I took out the six speed because there was no line for it. It was my first time driving the 2.0T. I really liked the A3, it was very responsive, and predictable when throwing it through the course. Brakes were excellent, steering was very good with minimal under steer.

After that we went inside and got some free food and drinks (Lemieux found the woman in charge of the event and talked his way into driving a RS4, lucky bastard) and started to talk to a few guys that had STI's. After sitting around for an hour or so we made our way back outside to drive some more cars, when we hear yet again RS4's ripping around the course. We noticed a new driver had his hands on one and was showing the RS4 who's boss. This guy was an amazing driver. He would cut hard (like a rally driver) in the opposite way before each turn to get the back end to swing out, then pull it back in the direction of the turn slamming the throttle into the turn, again bringing the rear around with all four wheels screaming and spinning. We couldn't stop laughing and clapping when we were in the car with this guy.

After our second ride in the RS4 we went and started driving other Audis again for an hour or so. We then made our way to the parking lot to head home and BBQ. It was confusing when we got to my car and there were two Hibiscus parked. Mine, and another one. We walked around the parking lot admiring other B5/S4's and other various cars. Audi certainly put on a class act show. I wont hesitate the next time anything like this comes around our neck of the woods. I highly suggest you go if The Streets of America get anywhere near you.

That's about that....
Old 05-15-2006, 05:19 AM

We should have gone again. To bad it was Mommy Day.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I was there good to see you guys
Old 05-15-2006, 05:26 AM

^^Right back at ya'^^

Quick Reply: so how many here made it to the "Streets-of -tomorrow" event organized by audi