S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

So I had to finally stop in with the dealer to see what's up...still have no car!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2001, 10:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I had to finally stop in with the dealer to see what's up...still have no car!

So after waiting an hour or so tonight to talk to someone in the service department, I finally figured out what's up with my car. As some may know (can skip to the 3rd paragraph if you know the story) I took it in ~3 weeks ago for the 20K service, and the mechanic tried to put new pads on the front brakes (mind you, they did this without asking me, and wound up damaging my rims in the process). So the tech tells me to get a spacer, and they'd replace the pads no prob. Cool - I'm assuming this is all under warranty, since they were going to do it anyways.

Fastforward to 1 PM yesterday, I drop my car off and they say it'll be done by Wed afternoon at the latest. Sweet. So I call at 2:30 to check up on it and leave a voicemail...no reply. I call again at 5:30 and find out a "flag has been raised" on servicing my car and my tech "will get right back to me." A few hours and voicemails later, I go to the dealer to see what's going on - after waiting an hour or so, the manager finally talks to me.

Their story - they couldn't do the pad replacement work under warranty because AoA wouldn't pay them for the 3hrs of shop time they spent on my brakes on the 20K mile visits; so they put a halt on all work on my car until I OK'd the work (said it would be about $250). Fine, I don't mind paying, but they never offered me a loaner, and having no other ride, I've been sittin at home with nothing to do the last couple days when I could have at least still had my car...****ing pisses me off. I'm glad they've had it for so long doing nothing...

-So what you're telling me is my car's spent the last 2 days in the back lot?
-Ummm, yeah.

-So how come you didn't call me earlier to OK the work?
-Uhhhh...sorry about that.

Anyways, they claim my car will be ready to go first thing in the morning...we'll see about that.

Anyone else think this is pretty ****ty?
Old 12-05-2001, 10:27 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Um. Explain again how you are responsible for the $250? All you AoA apologists, where are you?

Explain, because that is PURE BS.
Old 12-05-2001, 10:30 PM
Banned

Default AoA is completely right. This guy definitely has to shell out the cash even though they messed up.

AoA rulez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hah hah...NOT.
Old 12-05-2001, 10:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Hell if I know...I just want my damn car back...

I'm supposed to take a trip tomorrow morning, but now this ****s everthing up - gonna leave on Fri now

I think the service manager was pissed that AoA wasn't gonna pay them for non-warranty work they tried, which is their own fault - they should eat the cost.

Since I'll have some time tomorrow, I think I'll write a little something to AoA.

Sonnen's 0 for 2 now - at the 20K mile they damaged a rim (they said they'll send it off to be fixed) and scratched the paint off my calipers (I was gonna touch it up myself, but they'll definitely be doing it after this bull****), and now this...

BTW, I'm in the SF Bay Area (went to Sonnen Audi)
Old 12-05-2001, 10:37 PM
Banned

This is not fair to you at all.
Old 12-05-2001, 10:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Sucks...now I'm starting to see how people lose faith in the company.
Old 12-05-2001, 10:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Them not contacting you immediately about needing your approval/etc for work in unacceptable....

as for the $250 since you have aftermarket stuff (wheels) or whatever... well... that's iffy... but whatever -- the car parts were modified, so... *shrug*

But they definately should have contacted you ASAP about your car... that's crazy!!! at least told you "we need to keep your car an extra day because we're having issues with AoA, etc, etc" (explain the situation).

I hate it when dealers don't communicate with you!!!

:-(

-T
Old 12-05-2001, 10:41 PM
Banned

Default It's not so much an AoA thing, unless they don't hammer on that pathetic dealership for shabby work.

and service. How does AoA close loop on these ******?
Old 12-05-2001, 10:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The worst is my tech (generally a pretty cool guy), never returned one of my calls..

I'm pissed I had to drag *** to the dealer (away from beer and bowling) tonight to find out what the hell is goin on. Not that sweet.
Old 12-05-2001, 10:43 PM

Default Man, I feel your pain

My car sat at my [previous] dealer for 8 days with a CE light problem. The car spent 7 of those days in the back lot waiting for a stupid $9 part.

What a joke!!

Quick Reply: So I had to finally stop in with the dealer to see what's up...still have no car!