S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Stoptech compared to STaSIS: Truths and Facts

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2002, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not wasting my time on this novel. Stoptech reputation seems to be pimpin strong.
Old 09-06-2002, 10:35 AM

Default Ok now rewrite that post and remove all ALCON based points from it...

You are comparing the BREMBO kit to the Stoptech kit... why the hell are you bringing up Alcon? Please compare APPLES TO APPLES not APPLES TO ORANGES...

Stoptech brakes are designed for street/sport usage and for the weekend warrior track junkies. HOWEVER they are so good that they can compete with the likes of ALCON who are twice the price and mostly a dedicated race setup!

Jeremy if I were you I would leave this argument now before you make any more of an *** out of your self and drag Stasis and Matrix's name through the mud.

Also, you neglected to post information regrading the reced C&D WRX big brake shootout where the STOPTECH beat all the competition (even the twice as expensive BREMBO KIT!) get your facts straight buddy.
Old 09-06-2002, 10:36 AM
Rest In Peace

Default Well, if that was on the first stop (fade not an issue), then it was probably more limited by tires.

The key thing with big brakes is repeatability, so if the test was done with cool brakes, it's really not much of a brake test. I'm sure all of those kits could lock all four no problem.
Old 09-06-2002, 10:38 AM
Rest In Peace

Then again - that WAS a 150-0mph test. :-/
Old 09-06-2002, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default paging Katana. Please pick up the Red courtesy phone.

Dang, is this what I miss when I have work to do?

FYI, Be it Brembo, Stoptech or Alcon, or super Alcon (the race winning stuff) as others have said, either of these will suffice for your most avid track junkie.

Not having tried Stoptech on the track, I can surely say that the Brembo setup is more than adequate. Do I notice that extra .00whatever deflection in the caliper? Nope. Couldn't tell ya.

All I know is that when I step on the brakes, they work. They have only faded (and that's because I exceeded the Pagid Orange upper temp limit) once, maybe twice.

I can also say that Stoptech by far makes an excellent product when I have tested out their brakes on my car. I'd even venture to guess that they may be better, because the pedal modulation was better, IMHO, and therefore feel because of the piston sizing being customized to the S4s.

And let's not forget about the Alcon setup I have. You know, those super duper 6 piston, race winning setup? I would have liked to use those and really give my personal evaluation. I know they work well because Corey, Sharon, and a whole host of folks use them. But I would also say that aside from bragging how big my weenie is by displaying such pricey items, I have no need for them. Corey and Sharon truly use theirs much much more than I have up to now. So it would be fair to say that they need them, where I'd like to think I need them.

So, if anyone feels the need to spend $6K plus for those award winning brakes as I have (stupidly enough), go ahead. They are fantastic, and people will be in awe.

Either way you slice it, you aren't going to know the small differences when it comes right down to it. Does it really matter to you that in a DE, you can outbrake someone in a corner by 3 feet?

FYI, If I had to do it all over again, I'd do 2 things differently:

1. Buy Stoptech
2. Buy a 332 mm kit instead of a 355mm kit
Old 09-06-2002, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default DAMN YOU COPY IMITATOR!

I ARE KICKING YOU WITH YOUR OWN MERCHANDISE!<ul><li><a href="http://www.cafeshops.com/cp/store.aspx?s=allegroracing">http://www.cafeshops.com/cp/store.aspx?s=allegroracing</a</li></ul>
Old 09-06-2002, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default One of the fun things about Pacific is you can talk to his ex-girlfriend...

and listen to her bag on him hehehehe.

She's a receptionist there.
Old 09-06-2002, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default I are good hero for smellssogood and he are copying my site!

makes site and racing name match my copy site!

I are kicking you with smelly merchandise!
Old 09-06-2002, 10:44 AM

Hey, your new Team SSG Racing logo is BaD a$$!!
Old 09-06-2002, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Genius.

Quick Reply: Stoptech compared to STaSIS: Truths and Facts