S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

The story so far -

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 11:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The story so far -

I've leased three top of the line Audis for myself & wife over the last 5 or so years.
I decided at the end of my S4 lease to buy the car to address all of the out of warranty goodies I've put off over the warranty years.
Literally, to the day I bought the car - the clutch took a dump. At 26,000 miles.
Rather than pay Rusnak two grand to replace a stock clutch, I contacted Josh at Achtuning & Steven at AMS to do the total $$$$ upgrade.
I'd towed the car to Rusnak Audi for 'sceduled maintenance' and a fading instrument binnacle before having it taken to AMS for surgery.
My extended warranty covered most of the instrument panel - but the total to Rusnak was 600 clams.
When my car arrived at AMS, Steven wanted me to know that the car looked like a pigpen - unwashed & filthy. This after 600$ worth of BS warranty labor.
I registered my complaint to 'Johnny', the jolly service manager at Rusnak who has yet to acknowledge my complaint.
Moral: When you leave the lot and they have your money, you are essentially - dead.
I'm 52 & you'd think I figured this out by now.
The good news/bad news - AMS is about to turn my little commuter into a screamer worthy of it's 427 Cobra stablemate, and any and all future maintenance will be courtesy of those not affiliated with AOA.
Thanks for letting me rant.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default yes, Johnny is a 2 faced liar, Rusnak in general SUCKS big time

and great youll have a new clutch, Im not sure if you fell into the right place to make it worthy of its stablemate.
Johnny will tell you one thing to get you to think he is helping, but he is just doing his job like is told to.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: yes, Johnny is a 2 faced liar, Rusnak in general SUCKS big time

Thanks, Diego -
But I'm getting the full-on K04 turbo kit, downpipes, Borla exhaust, RS4 clutch madness.
And as far as I'm concerned, AMS will be servicing the car from here on out.
You'd think taking $120,000 worth off of Audi's off their lots would warrant a wash.
F**k 'em.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default spend some time and read the last couple of weeks before you make a decision.

search for posts by RSform or contact him directly about what you are buying. A second opinion never hurts.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default you can start here for example...

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/1688787.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/1688787.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 07-16-2004, 12:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Dude Diego! I totally 2nd that man! He was going to black flag my warranty for ordering 710n's!
Old 07-16-2004, 12:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default he painted a much better scenario of how they would handle my mods

(stage 2) at the time, if I needed any kind of service. When I did, it didnt happen even close to what he initially told me and I had to go somewhere else. Did he tell you everytime "Man im really gonna need your help with the phone call this time" ??
Old 07-16-2004, 12:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default lol yup...He was like, 'oh man you got a pipe(exhaust) on it huh papi, I'll take care of you dont

worry boss'. bunch of BS. I don't go there anymore.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: spend some time and read the last couple of weeks before you make a decision.

I appreciate the input - but the deal is pretty much done.
I find this forum to be mostly overwhelming in it's variety and nomenclature.
I know I should be more astute in the variables - but frankly, I'm not a numbers guy.
I have a Cobra with 540 horses on tap that I rarely touch. Why do I have them? Because every once in awhile I can scare the crap out of someone. And at Willow Springs, I run with anyone.
Why do I want a stage 4 for my S?
CUZ!
And these boys will do it just fine.
And they're next door..
Old 07-16-2004, 12:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

lol!! As I read your post, I could hear his voice exactly like you put it... papi, im trying to help

Quick Reply: The story so far -