S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Thanks to the Judge and the Houston Brilliant Black S4

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2001, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks to the Judge and the Houston Brilliant Black S4

The Judge - I had gotten a ticket for "excessive display of acceleration" entering the Sam Houston Tollway. While I was looking for a lawyer my company attorney revealed he'd been ticketed by the same guy at the same entrance and would be glad to take the cause up for me simply for revenge and at no cost. He questioned the cop's evaluation by pointing out to the judge: 1 - no spinning wheels, tire tracks etc. (thanks quattro!) or other visible evidence, 2 - no loud roaring exhaust or other audible evidence, and 3 - no other car or moving patrol car reference to compare. He then pointed out that this was a sports car and would accelerate more briskly than a family sedan and didn't the police have the same problem with their V8 Crown Vics and Z-28 Camaro patrol cars? Result: case dimsissed! Yihaa!

The Black S4: Sunday at 1:00 PM I was trying to pull into traffic onto FM1960 around Champions (a fairly upscale area) in my rental Maliblob. A bumper to bumper stream of BMW's, Lexi (plural of Lexus?), Mercs, Lincolns, Jaguars, Cadillacs and the occasional Camry & Taurus (must have been domestic help) refused to allow me space to enter, must have been afraid of being contaminated by the Maliblob (or shamed by its spectacular handling and prodigious acceleration). After sitting there for it seemed like an hour the only car to stop and wave me out was, amazing coincidence, also the first Audi in the procession - a Brilliant Black S4 with Momentum plate frames driven by stranger.

I must have been projecting a "I want my S4" aura out the Chevy's windows and he took pity.

So thanks [Houston] Brilliant Black S4 hope to meet up with you when Nogaro is out of surgery.
Old 07-24-2001, 02:26 PM

Default oh great, another Nogaro in the FM1960/Champions area :D

There's like 4 or 5 of us living in this area. I don't think I've seen you though.

If you ever see a lowered Nogaro with BBS wheels, give me a holler

Rami
Old 07-24-2001, 04:02 PM

Default comin in from big D........

Hello..... I currently live in Dallas butgrew up in Champions and travel to Houston quite often. Mom lives in Champion Forest....you guys close? I should be in Houston next week with my Silver S4.