S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Thanks for the kind words, Dr. Bimmer!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-1999, 06:51 PM
AvramD

Default Thanks for the kind words, Dr. Bimmer!

Just wanted to share this with everyone here - I got a really nice email from an E46 driver who saw me on I-95, and then found me through this forum. I know a number of you have had bad experiences w/ bimmer people, but this is proof that there are good guys on the other side too!

I've linked his original post below - at first glance, it sounds like he's saying I was trying to screw around with him, but from his email, it's clear that's not what he meant!

Here it is:

<i>Hello!

I don't know if you remember me, I read the Audi forums regularly but don't post often as I am "from the other side". I spoke to (wrote to actually) you on the S4 board a few weeks ago about your experience at Inskip, and the pics of the Hibiscus S4 you posted.

Anyway, I ran into an S4 on the highway Christmas morning, and I thought it might be you, but I forgot what color your car was. I posted on the board and someone reminded me it might be you. Anyway, I was driving up through to Mass. on my way to NH when I ran into a Blue/Grey S4 with CT plates and Inskip brakets, and I pulled up to and passed you in the high speed lane and you followed me and passed me and drove off before I could catch up and wave and give you a thumbs up! Your car was beautiful!! You continued on 95N and I turned off to 93N.

I was in the Silver/Grey BMW E46 with RI plates KI 397 and Inskip Brakets.

Was that you by any chance?? Once again, your car was amazing, I really liked watching it change through the lanes with NO BODY ROLL! NICE!!!

Anyway, see you on the board!

DrBimmer</i><ul><li><a href="https://www.audiworld.com/forum/m/s4/23749.phtml">Blue S4 with CT plates in MA yesturday...</a></li></ul>
Old 12-29-1999, 06:54 PM
BOBP

Car nut/enthusiasts are generic,car make doesn't matter.This is GOOD!
Old 12-29-1999, 07:03 PM
a

Default How is the service at Inskip??

I often find myself gawking at the S4's and A4's that Inskip keeps in the Building 19 parking lot next to the dealership. I plan on purchasing an Audi in the next year or so and I was wondering if you had any tips or helpful advice. Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks, Bill
Old 12-29-1999, 07:04 PM
mpm

Default Avram, where you driving through PO Square last week in Boston?

Remember what you said about getting milage between CT and Boston, I bet you've got the most S4 seat time in the country (at least on the board).

If I don't see you have a great New Year!
Old 12-29-1999, 08:22 PM
Chicago Joe

Yeah...I wouldn't mind an M3/M5 if they had AWD
Old 12-29-1999, 08:31 PM
rickp

Default I've made several friends with guys on the 5er board.......

In fact, one is supposed to vist me early next year from California!

Rick
Old 12-30-1999, 06:24 AM
DrBimmer

Default No problem! I really liked your car!

I was very impressed!
Old 12-30-1999, 06:28 AM
They should fence it off! (nt) DrBimmer

i think it is dangerous over there! inskip reportedly bought the Building 19 property!