S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Those who have installed a scroth Harness, where did you mount the sides too???

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 10:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those who have installed a scroth Harness, where did you mount the sides too???
Old 06-20-2005, 12:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

carabiner around the seat "axle" that runs in the track. i don't know the technical name for it.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:04 AM
Rest In Peace

Default I bought the Quick Fit version, so the inner fronts clip to the seat belt buckle...

I mounted the outer front pigtails to the seat belt anchor point, and I mounted the rear outside pigtail to the seat belt anchor point.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default oh, yeah, i should have mentioned i'm also using the Quick Fit so the inner

is clipped into the seat belt buckle. i only use the carabiners on the outside of the front seats.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:39 AM
Rest In Peace

Default ??? If you have the Quick-Fit, you don't need any caribiners.

You are supposed to attach the pigtails to the seat belt anchor points. The outside front pigtail can fit in the lower slot where the seat belt passes through. You pull back the trim from the rear, and that gives you plenty of access to the bolt.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default That's NOT the proper installation of these! O.W. Kenobi has it right,

you use the stock seat belt mounting points, the lower 3 point mount behind the plastic trim for the outboard lap belt mount and then the female attachment on the inboard side...
Old 06-20-2005, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default i don't use them all the time so i remove the harness when i'm not at the track

i know other folks who do this and it seemed like a good idea.

it's an actual mountaineering carabiner, not one of those key-chain ones. i think it should be OK.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:24 AM
Rest In Peace

Default I remove mine when not at the track also. I'm still confused, though.

All I have as evidence when the harnesses aren't in are two outside front and rear pigtails for each harness. The pigtails stay in the car all the time, and the harness clips onto them when ready for use again.

I guess I'm lost as to what advantage the carabiners give you with the Quick Fits. I know that people were using them to make the Rallye harnesses essentially a Quick Fit, but the Quick Fit seemed to negate the need to adapt a Rallye harness with a carabiner.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default hmm, maybe i don't have the "Quick-Fit" model? it does clip into the buckle, but

i just don't like having the front outboard piece permanently bolted in. this way, i remove the entire front part of the harness from the car when i'm not using it. i do leave the back part of the harness in the car under the rear seat cushion.

maybe i need to look at my harness again, but it seemed like with that outboard piece bolted, you'd have to leave the front part of the harness in the car . . . i'll look tonight. but basically what i did was to leave <b>no</b> evidence of the harnesses between uses.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:43 AM
Rest In Peace

Default Aside from the pigtail (which only peeks out an inch or two), there is no evidence.

And because the front pigtail resides on the B-pillar near the floor, I doubt if anyone ever notices it at all. The harness itself has a quick-release that attaches to the pigtail.

Post a picture of yours if you don't mind - I'm interested to see how yours is connected.

Quick Reply: Those who have installed a scroth Harness, where did you mount the sides too???