S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

For those who are interested, Thurs. episode of Frontline investigates the reasons for the war..

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those who are interested, Thurs. episode of Frontline investigates the reasons for the war..

...I honestly don't know what they're going to divulge, but they're probably the best investigative show on television, and it should be interesting...<ul><li><a href="http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/iraq/">http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/iraq/</a</li></ul>
Old 02-19-2003, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Ummm.... OT?
Old 02-19-2003, 07:06 PM

Default Yup, but there's been a lot of discussion on here about it lately, and...

...as I said in the topic: "For those who are interested"...
Old 02-19-2003, 07:23 PM

Default Television and the truth are largely incompatible. So-called investigative shows have not come

out yet with the real reason the Gulf War was stopped when it was nor the real cause of Gulf War syndrome. Furthermore, they never came out with most of the realities regarding Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam era anti-war protests, etc. TV, by and large, is one of the least accurate sources of information out there.
Old 02-19-2003, 07:34 PM

Default Blah, blah, blah....please spare me the "can't trust the media" line...

...in my experience, this is usually more of an "they aren't telling me what I want to hear"-type complaint.

So, enlighten me: what was the "real" reason why the gulf war was stopped when it was, and how is it you are cogniscant of this fact while all major media outlets are ignorant of it?

Also, are you insinuating that the reasons given by Powell, Scocroft, Swarzkopf in their interviews with the evil media (including Frontline's Gulf War special) were telling LIES (gasp) about the reasons the Gulf War ended when it did? In that case, if Government officials cannot be trusted to tell the truth, are you suggesting that maybe it's wise to take what they say with a grain of salt?

Hmm?
Old 02-19-2003, 07:38 PM

Default By and large, you may be right, but are you familiar with Frontline?

It's PBS; top rate, pulls no punches. If you haven't seen it, why not try it Thurs.?
Old 02-19-2003, 07:49 PM

Default Thanks for the tip! Tho this should probably be marked OT (Off Topic)

Cuz we sure ain't talkin' 'bout Audis, or anything related to them. Unless you want to make the stretch that deteriorating German-American relations might, eventually, affect the value of our cars. But that is a stretch, at least for now.
Old 02-19-2003, 07:55 PM

Default It doesn't sound like he is...here is their Gulf War series page..

...this show really puts all American TV journalism to shame, with the exception of ABC's "Nightline"...<ul><li><a href="http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/gulf/">http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/gulf/</a</li></ul>
Old 02-19-2003, 07:55 PM

:-)
Old 02-19-2003, 08:04 PM

Default Puleeeese ... your experience is DEAD wrong. And you can't be so naive that you actually think

the media knows everything that is going on or deserves to know everything. You think your friendly neighborhood intelligence services and spec ops units have a Mr. Smiley PR guy who tells the media all about their latest exploits and their deepest darkest secrets. You can't possibly be that dumb. Let me tell you this ... the Gulf War was NOT stopped because we were afraid of world opinion regarding the slaughter that would supposedly ensue. We covered our butts and more importantly, we covered Israel's butt, and that's all you need to know.

Furthermore, think about your average media person when they're discussing a topic that you are particularly knowledgeable on. Do they come across as highly intelligent or do they come across an intellectually vacant? ... you do the math. They're not evil, just ignorant.

And you mention Frontline's Gulf War special? You must be kidding, right? ... hahahahahahaha ... it sounds like that pablum had its intended purpose.

Quick Reply: For those who are interested, Thurs. episode of Frontline investigates the reasons for the war..