S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Travelling to Germany in a few weeks - Audi factory tour on my list of things to do.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2003, 10:22 AM
Pat
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check my pic poster. Audi factory tour not offered in English. BMW & Audi museums...

...were both bad ***. MTM is just ten minutes north of the Audi plant in Wetstetten. Good stuff there. Most of the good stuff in my pic poster is from MTM.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default How about you......

buy me an RS6 jacket and I pay you?? Sound good??
Old 12-01-2003, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default They do have tours in English...

I did not do the standard tour (~30 people), I went along with 3 germans on a private tour. My tour guide spoke german then repeated everything for me in english. He was very accomodating, I had a ton of questions. We saw the A4 line, I think the current tour is of the neu A3.

This was in March of '02, so things may have changed.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default It's much more helpful if you do the BMW tour in English before the Audi tour

I did both, and I do understand a fair amount of German, but I think the precursor to the Audi tour being the BMW tour will help you understand the little stuff better, because both plants are similar (aside from the uber clean Audi plant vs. the BMW one).

Anyway, call to setup an appointment at Audi Zentrum. It's a great tour. Unfortunately, when I went there, they were still constructing the museum. But i got a tour of Quattro GmBH, which is a block over, within the Audi grounds, and I also went to the main repair facility to ask for a few parts.

Your VIN will not work there. They have no such tracking information on their systems for U.S. cars. But, if you take basic model information and build date, you may be able to score some cool stuff.

I looked for a Imola Yellow Alcantara shift **** and some other goodies!

have fun.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Call ahead, they do offer English speaking tours., I took it in german
Old 12-02-2003, 04:16 AM

Default I live in Munich, and i have a few suggestions

first, the BMW museum is the suck, only a few cool cars and some cool souveniers. You can also go on a tour of the BMW factory if you make reservations about 3 weeks ahead of time.

second, if you go to the BMW factory go see Olympia Zentrum, its dope, and go up in the needle. oh and if possible go to a Bayern München fußball game there on saturday, this is the last year before the new stadium by Garsching is completed, so its the end of an era.

Third, go to the new Mercedes dealer, its kind of near the Hauptbahnhof, just ask around, i dont know the address. I was there last week and it was awesome, in fact sitting all alone in a corner under a cover was the original SLR concept car that i got a few pics of and saw up close. AWESOME

oh and go see Schloss Neuschwantstein, its about 2 hours away, but its the coolest castle you can ever imagine. go on a clear day so you can see the mountain.

and btw, the local way of saying hello and goodbye is "Servus" pronounced "ser-voos" just say that and you'll be almost a native. well maybe not, but they will appreciate the effort.

have fun!

jon
Old 12-02-2003, 05:20 AM
Rest In Peace

Use the same word for hello and goodbye? Okay. Thanks for the insider info!
Old 12-02-2003, 08:40 AM

ciao and tschuss are more common, but yes you can. ciao is easy to say, so go with that
Old 12-02-2003, 08:42 AM

oh ciao is pronounced "chow" so you know
Old 12-03-2003, 04:54 PM
Pat
AudiWorld Super User

Yeah, everything he said, although I thought the BMW museum was worth my time. I love Bimmers, tho.