S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

V1 didnt save me this time :( Anyone know wtf "robic accutrack" is?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2002, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V1 didnt save me this time :( Anyone know wtf "robic accutrack" is?

lemme start off by saying - yes i know i was stupid and dont normally speed, - sorta long - but please read

on with the story - fyi i have california plates and liscence, and im in PA. and the posted limit was 45mph. so i was heading back from the dealer, just got new front rotors and oil and car is feeling great. well - im rushing home, driving fast (around 80-90) and my V1 not making a peep. I comming up on an onramp and there is a cop entering the highway on the onramp. I of course let off the gass applied some brakes and went down to 55ish. Im thinking im all good - but no he pulls up next to me looks over and steps on his brakes and pulls behind me and lights it up.

Says he taged me doing 90.3 mph!!! in a 45 - I was like WTF - when i asked him what band did he use he said KA - V! didnt even make a peep! argh. But then , on the ticket it says method used as "Robic Accutrack" what is that??? Anyone know what that is?

Also i know it was posted a few weeks ago - but cant find the link - of will the points from this ticket transfer to CA from PA? (if you know please tell me! :P)

And if the points transfer does anyone know how to lessen them? Or like can i do trafic school or something to get rid of them? Im not really concerened about the fine ($230) and yes i was speeding - so il take the punishment but i would like to make it as small as possible :P (although i dont think i was going that fast, and how he taged me is beyond my knowledge).

Any info provided will be greatly appreciated! Feel free to email me if you rather not post on the board. TIATIA!

thanks guys.

ted
Old 11-07-2002, 11:09 AM

Default they do have a very advanced pacing method out right now

although i don't know if he could have done that if he wasnt next to you?
Old 11-07-2002, 11:11 AM

Default any white marker lines on the road?

<ul><li><a href="http://www.safetyleague.com/slstore/access/robic.htm">http://www.safetyleague.com/slstore/access/robic.htm</a</li></ul>
Old 11-07-2002, 11:12 AM

Default might get reduced if u show up in court and try to appeal

can never admit guilt
Old 11-07-2002, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default where in PA? I live in philly w PA license and you might be OK

seems like PA doesn't really care about transferring points to/from other states. It's only if you reside here then you're farked.

I've gotten tickets in MA, NJ, NY, VA, FL and points never transferred to me. Friends w NY and CA licenses have yet to see points as well from tickets incurred here.

This is just a guess though. Call the PA DMV in Harrisburg for the real answer.
Old 11-07-2002, 11:14 AM

Default it's a fancy stop watch

<ul><li><a href="http://www.safetyleague.com/slstore/access/robic.htm">http://www.safetyleague.com/slstore/access/robic.htm</a</li></ul>
Old 11-07-2002, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

im positive that there are no white lines - and i cant believe that if is a friken stopwatch! HA
Old 11-07-2002, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

ack how can this thing be accurate there is so much possible human error! ?!
Old 11-07-2002, 11:20 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Was it a state trooper, or local/county police that pulled you over.

Sounds like a local, and only state troopers in PA are allowed to use radar. Most of the rest of them use some form of vascar (timing you between two fixed points). If there were two painted white stripes in the road, chances are he saw you before you saw him, and he timed you and pulled out (at which point you made contact and slowed down - too late). Be aware, he doesn't need those two white lines either. If he notes a fixed point when you pass, hits a switch, hits another switch as he follows, and repeats at another fixed point down the road, the computer will calculate the distance his car traveled between those fixed points, and the time your car traveled between those same points, and calculate your speed.

Vascar is very deadly, if used properly. Thankfully, the local police around me (SE PA) are too lazy to set up a proper trap. :-)
Old 11-07-2002, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Im over in pittsburgh, thanks for the info i will cal the pittsburgh DMV. thanks!

Quick Reply: V1 didnt save me this time :( Anyone know wtf "robic accutrack" is?