S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Videos of Jason@S4.org, Thad@S4.org, and Rich L (stage 3 A4 avant)@PIR track event.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2000, 11:59 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Videos of Jason@S4.org, Thad@S4.org, and Rich L (stage 3 A4 avant)@PIR track event.

Tell me what you guys think. Thad's S4 just looked REALLY fast coming out of the festival turn for some reason. He was running APR downpipes/straight test pipes with his stock exhaust.

Jason's car looked really slammed, and his line looked good as well. Hope he figures out his tranny problems, that sucks.

Rich was having some problems with his car that day, mainly his stage 3 programming from APR was making his engine ping. That Garret turbo he has is the real deal though, I've felt that thing at 22psi, it screams!

enjoy,<ul><li><a href="http://www.insync.net/~b3n/PIR_vids_10-10/">http://www.insync.net/~b3n/PIR_vids_10-10/</a></li></ul>
Old 10-11-2000, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Man I would sure like to see more of rich L. driving with the stage 3 A4 , might get an avant.

It looked like it hauled ***.. I was only see like 15 secs tho.. I thought he got stage 3+ ..
Old 10-11-2000, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'd love to have that Elise as a track car
Old 10-11-2000, 03:03 PM

Default Getting passed by a Lotus...

Until I have 480+ hp I'm not going to complain about that Lotus passing me. He has a hp/weight ratio that is 50% better than me. I've got 320 hp right now, so I'd need 480 hp AND the ability to get that to the ground, etc.

APR stage 3+ may get us into that range at least.

But for a dedicated track car the Elise is probably the best thing going. So good I'm thinking that I need to buy one here in the next year or so if I can (assuming I keep doing track events). Preping the S4 to that level of performance will cost a lot more than importing the Elise will cost, and even then the S4 won't be a mid-engined super light car like the Elise.

In the rain, the S4 would still be good, but I got passed in the rain by him as well (good driver - he was the fastest car there yesterday).

In any case, glad you didn't get video of him running up my tail at the festival turns when I missed my shift into 3rd (left it in neutral) and so didn't get power coming out of the festival .

Everytime I saw the Lotus coming up behind, I was happy to let him by .

And yes, my car is really low. It's coming back up 3/4" when I get the new wheels, then Corey can be back to having the lowest S4 I know of .

...Jason
Old 10-11-2000, 03:07 PM

Default Rich's Stage 3(-) A4

Unfortunately Rich's A4 was pinging at low rpms with the stage 3 injectors and program. He was running stock injectors and the stage 1 chip with the garret ballistic. He was very fast around the track...
Old 10-11-2000, 03:14 PM

Not my best stuff, but thanks Ben....
Old 10-11-2000, 03:17 PM

Default Speed in festival & exit

I rarely got on the throttle hard enough fast enough coming out of that turn. When I did I was scarry fast going into turn 1 (my poor brakes had to haul me down from 115 or so to sub 45 to make that first 90 deg turn, and then I'd be at 80-90+ mph entering the braking zone for turn 1. Needless to say that was two really hard back to back hits on the brakes.

I never did get confident with taking as much speed through turn 1 as my car is capable of doing.

The video's of Thad show he did a great job of getting on the throttle at the right point, plus what 340+ hp will do . Hopefully my car will be more like that on Monday at SIR...

...Jason
Old 10-11-2000, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Getting passed by a Lotus...

For reference, the Lotus Elise weighs only 1450lbs with 195hp and was driven by someone that has access to virtually any car. This is his favorite. He was a very good driver.
Old 10-11-2000, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Rich's Stage 3(-) A4

... very fast in the turns (much better than me). Last session I was working my way up to passing him (on the straights I was gaining or pulling away from him very quickly, but he did manage to get around me at least once during the day ).

I didn't end up passing because I made a mistake in turn 7 that scared me and I decided to back off so I could take my car home in one piece (had to let the M3, Boxster S, and a few race preped 911s I'd worked my way past by when I did that though ... ).
Old 10-11-2000, 03:28 PM
Former Vendor

Default Ah I was just jokin around there, we all know that thing is a rocket...probably

could even keep up with a 911 Turbo. And yes, Thad is very right, that guy was an excellent driver. Glad you guys had fun that day, see you all in seattle. Silver 2001 Deal is going good so far...

Quick Reply: Videos of Jason@S4.org, Thad@S4.org, and Rich L (stage 3 A4 avant)@PIR track event.