S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

WATERFEST: My impressions (highlights from the event)

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2001, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WATERFEST: My impressions (highlights from the event)

well like the saying goes "better late then never".
I had to work, so i couldnt post this sooner.
first of all, thank Scott for his company and for his help at my first auto cross (OF WHICH i WON 3RD PLACE!).

the event was, as previously mentioned, had flaws in its organization, from the staging of the auto cross to the organization of the Auto rally the previous day. for the rally the checkpoints weren't clearly marked, and the route took us though some residential areas infested with police officers. also one of the checkpoints was staffed by, uh.......we'll let me not even go there. the autocross circuit was way too small for most of the cars there - lap times were between 22 and 35 seconds!

for the positive points, the show car and the vendor booths were great aspects of the show. the drag racing was a blast to watch, especially from the trackside view we had in the autocross paddock.

my ride home was great! thanks to gabby (quickchick) and eric (in the blue golf). we had a wonderfull romp though the country side on rt 31 and a fun ride home on 78.

maybe next year i'll just "show" my car and chill in the sun and get a tan.......that way i'll have less to be so cynical about :-)

my $0.02
Alex
Old 07-24-2001, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alex-Great hangin' with you too. Check out my review in the motorsports forum!