S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

wellp looks like my abs pump is going out.........are we having fun yet???

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wellp looks like my abs pump is going out.........are we having fun yet???

That or the control module. I swear this car is impossible sometimes. Dead mass air sensor replaced by Audi....new one dead within a week....car is pinging all over the place.....seriously wtf? Somebody cheer me up.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:27 AM

Default Borrow Gary's VAG-COM, God knows he isn't using it.

Seriously Matt, you need to start going through that car and methodically checking everything out.
The ABS and MAF are both on a shared ECU circuit. Make sure they're not related. I wish I could help you more, but w/o driving the car, logging it, seeing DTCs and such, I can't. I know Troy's busy as hell, I need his time too.
Still got a stock ECU? Start there.
Old 10-30-2005, 10:47 PM

Default Is it still connected on cars without esp??...

I saw an abs torque sensor code a long time ago on my stock a-box when I had bill's vag com. I think I only saw it twice though. Now I'm getting a repeated beeping while getting the nice flashing abs light. I would like to run off of maf to see if they're connected but I can't get around the block without it coughing and stuttering all over the place. I just got my vag cable a few weeks ago and my laptop showed up this week so I can do some diagnostics now. I have a friend of mine tracking down a 5 point theft deterrant torx bit so I can clean the new maf sensor and see if that gets me anywhere. All of this is on the stock paper filter as well. Where do you think I should start logging? I think I'll throw in my stock a box and see how it looks for this week and take some logs. This might be a good base.