S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

2015 S6 repair history a concern?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2015 S6 repair history a concern?

I am looking at a CPO 2015 S6 with 45k miles that had the following work done just recently, according to carfax:
- oxygen sensor replaced
- Engine/powertrain computer/module reprogrammed
- Camshaft position sensor replaced
- Headlights adjusted
- Radiator replaced
- A/C refrigerant recharged

Would any of this concern you or raise a red flag for you? The last 3 items make me wonder if they were repairing some front end damage, even though no accident was reported.
Old 03-11-2018, 03:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, That's interesting information. It's funny when I first was the title of your post I thought to myself I would not necessarily be concerned with random items fixed over the warranty period. I say that because every new car I've had has had random items that stop working, and have needed warranty repair.
But yea when I see this list I can't help but think the same thing.
Old 03-11-2018, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'd bet my house that car had front-end damage (single accident most likely, it not reported to Carfax via police report. And I'd also say that car was most likely tuned, due to the other repairs, meaning previous owner bought the car CPO'd (so at least 2nd owner), as a tune would render a CPO impossible due to a TD1 flag. I'd scrutinize that car with a fine comb. I really doubt that car was just CPO'd with all that very questionable history. If not, I'd run away from it, especially if it was tuned. You need to at the very least get it checked for front-end/chassis damage, and any tunes, since your warranty would be useless with one, for what I've read (and for sure over on the powertrain). Good luck.
Old 03-11-2018, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by elp_jc
I'd bet my house that car had front-end damage (single accident most likely, it not reported to Carfax via police report. And I'd also say that car was most likely tuned, due to the other repairs, meaning previous owner bought the car CPO'd (so at least 2nd owner), as a tune would render a CPO impossible due to a TD1 flag.
It's 1-owner vehicle, at least according to Carfax. All these repairs appear to have happened AFTER it got CPO'd, which is odd. Did someone wreck it while test driving it?

http://www.carfax.com/cfm/ccc_Displa...&partner=ATD_8

Anyway, I am not going to bother with this one. I was just curious if I was the only one who thought this thing looked fishy.
Old 03-11-2018, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

The Carfax and CPO dates would immediately confirm that, but it looks like a test-drive gone bad indeed. Is that an Audi dealer? It'd be illegal to not disclose such accident IMO, but whatever the case, I'd definitely move on. When those things happen, dealers usually just auction off those vehicles; maybe that's what happened. You'll find a better one with less fishy history. Good luck.