S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

2017 Audi S6 or 2018 S5 Sportback??

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm currently in the process of trading my '16 S6 for an '18 S5 Sportback. I think the calculation is relatively easy . . . you give up size and a bit of luxury for better handling. If handing is more important to you and you're not regularly carrying adults in the back, the Sportback is a no-brainer imo.
Old 04-28-2017, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AQ21
Haha. Definitely not trolling and I'm leaning towards the S6 (hence why I posted it in the 6 forums )

having said that the hatch was appealing but not a need to have. My only issue with the S6 is it doesn't have all the options I like. I can live without red brake calipers and B+O sound system but it doesn't have the black optic package! It has the 20's but not the ones with the BO package.

Thank you for your replies. I'm sure I'll spend a bunch of time reading about them this weekend... my wife will be psyched.. haha
I know you're not trolling. It's just that the S6 I ordered in December is supposed to arrive today. It's been a long wait and I can't imagine right now someone even considering the comprision because to me they are just completely different cars. The S5 will age better since it's the newer version but imo that is not enough of a reason to downgrade to one.

Another thing you said is that if you go with the S5 you will be getting one that is right in the first wave of inventory to get here. You won't get the best price usually under those circumstances. On the other hand, the S6 is at that point in its life cycle where it's not quite finished with its run (the 2018 will be the last C7.5 so we got about a year before the C8 hits dealer lots) but you will be able to start finding some great deals on them, and to me that's a factor. I would much rather have the C7.5 S6 at a discount than a brand spanking new S5 at a premium. Just seems like a no brainer.
Old 04-28-2017, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

SD,congrats on the new car.. 5 months must have felt like forever! Please post pictures when you get the chance.

I'm definitely leaving to the S6 for many of the reasons you pointed out. I have a few weeks to decide. Really appreciate everyone's feedback on this forum.
Old 05-07-2017, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

I think you'll really appreciate the 4.0TT over the 6 cylinder turbocharged motor. Both cars are nice, but the 4.0TT motor has much more potential with a computer tune and I'm sure sounds much better. Also gets excellent gas mileage with the cylinder deactivation. We traded our 14 S6 for a 17 S6 2 months ago for $10,000 under MSRP.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Location: A place where I'm halfway to getting my degree. But with life reminding me, it's not easy.
Default Last year model body?

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
I think you'll really appreciate the 4.0TT over the 6 cylinder turbocharged motor. Both cars are nice, but the 4.0TT motor has much more potential with a computer tune and I'm sure sounds much better. Also gets excellent gas mileage with the cylinder deactivation. We traded our 14 S6 for a 17 S6 2 months ago for $10,000 under MSRP.

Is this the last year for the current model body? Is there any place I can use to always have up to date info on body years and such?
Old 05-23-2017, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2017/ 2018 pricing

Dr. Chill,

Can you elaborate on the $10k off MSRP? Rebates + dealer discount?

I am about to place an order and trying to get a feel of how much off MSRP I can get BEFORE any Audi incentives.

Any info would be appreciated.
Old 05-23-2017, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you everyone for your feedback! I am going with the S6 Prestige. I think they're both amazing but I enjoy the extra room of the S6. I'm supposed to pick it up this weekend. Will post some pics..
Old 05-23-2017, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Blackhawk123
Dr. Chill,

Can you elaborate on the $10k off MSRP? Rebates + dealer discount?

I am about to place an order and trying to get a feel of how much off MSRP I can get BEFORE any Audi incentives.

Any info would be appreciated.
$3000 AFS rebate (not sure if still available on 2017's or if available for 2018 new order), $1000 Audi loyalty rebate, invoice pricing on car.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$3000 AFS rebate (not sure if still available on 2017's or if available for 2018 new order), $1000 Audi loyalty rebate, invoice pricing on car.
Thank you.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I picked up my S6 on Friday.. I am extremely happy I chose this over the S5 Sportback given the extra room.. Like many have said, they are both great choices. I wound up getting Tornado Grey w/Black. Prestige Package, DAP, Black Optics. I will post some pictures when I clean it up a bit.. Pollen in the north east is a b-tch this time of year!

Also, for those of you in the NYC tri state area, I wound up buying from New Country Audi in Greenwich. Their pricing was ultra competitive and they were such a pleasure to deal with I wound up getting a new Q7 for the family car! Ian Chang was my salesman and Nick Belli the sales manager were awesome.

Thanks again to everyone who weighed in with their thoughts/opinions.

Quick Reply: 2017 Audi S6 or 2018 S5 Sportback??