S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

2018 S6 Adaptive Cruise with Stop and Go

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2019, 10:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2018 S6 Adaptive Cruise with Stop and Go

Hi all. I知 just deciding between which options are must haves as I select the car I will buy.

I definitely want the S Sports Package and the Black Optic Packafs for the looks.

I知 not sold on the Drivers Assistance Package. I have never been a fan of lane assist but the auto high beams and the adaptive cruise could be useful. Does anyone have any comments on the adaptive cruise with stop and go and how it works in traffic? I believe Traffic Jam Assist is what you really want but that is not available on these cars.

Also. Anyone want to share thoughts on the prestige package? Seems like a waste to me. All you really get is HUD and auto trunk. I would never use the blinds as I intend to tint.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-28-2019, 05:25 AM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts

Perhaps in your particular case Prestige seems that way because you don't want those options but also they sometimes don't clearly indicate everything it includes.
In addition to the things you mentioned:
HUD
Power trunk
Sun shades

There is also:
LED interior lighting
Top view cameras

Honestly a bargain from any luxury manufacturer for $2500 and should be even more heavily discounted on a leftover.
Prestige also opens the gate for the very pricey rare options like B&O and night vision.
Old 03-28-2019, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Fair point on the additional items included in the prestige trim.

But given the limited number of cars available, I will likely have to decide on eithe Prestige or Drivers Assistance.

I wonder what is more crucial to the daily driver out of these two.
Old 03-28-2019, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Tough call between the two. I have to be honest, I love the 360 multi-angle camera on the Prestige and use it all the time. The HUD is a take it or leave it for me, but it is nice to have the speed projected on the windshield and free up the center display for other options. If I absolutely had to choose between the two, I would probably pick the Driver Assistance Package. With super steep discounts, I'd try an find as loaded a car you can afford simply because they seem to be knocking 20% (or more) off these at this point. Due to being so few, the problem, as you said, may be finding one. Currently only about 17 new Prestige's listed for sale and 30 Premium Plus' left in the US (which may not be fully updated yet). Here's the comparisons...

For Prestige - $2500.00

• LED interior lighting
  • Head-up display with navigation information
  • Parking system plus with top view camera (front and rear acoustic parking sensors)
  • Power rear window, manual rear side window sunshades
  • Power trunk
For Driver Assistance - $2000.00

• Audi active lane assist
  • Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go functionality
  • Audi pre senseョ plus
  • High beam assistant

Last edited by BryanB8.5; 03-28-2019 at 08:23 AM.
Old 04-02-2019, 04:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ended up with a DA car with my 2018.. I turn half of it off. Don't use adaptive in the city, I don't use lane assist. Prestige was a must for me but Driver Assist I wouldn't hunt for in my opinion.
Old 04-02-2019, 06:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought the 360 camera was included with Driver Assist. At least on my 16, I have a P+ with DA and it has a 360 camera.
Old 04-03-2019, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Tinbad
I thought the 360 camera was included with Driver Assist. At least on my 16, I have a P+ with DA and it has a 360 camera.
For US MY 2017 and 2018 you gotta get the Prestige package to get the Top View camera. 2016 is the only C7.5 facelift with it still in the DA package and that option was moved.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

I was hoping someone would come out and say they couldn't live without the Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go for freeway traffic. Most of you all seem to like the features / luxury of the Prestige.

I don't care much for the lane departure, etc. but felt the Adaptive Cruse w/Stop & Go would make my hour long commute on the freeway a lot less painful.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by amchuu
I was hoping someone would come out and say they couldn't live without the Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go for freeway traffic. Most of you all seem to like the features / luxury of the Prestige.

I don't care much for the lane departure, etc. but felt the Adaptive Cruse w/Stop & Go would make my hour long commute on the freeway a lot less painful.
Adaptive Cruise Control is best to be considered for long haul interstate cruising - NOT commuting in rush hour traffic. If you rely on it for that, you will rear end someone within a week - it simply is not reliable enough for that.
Old 04-10-2019, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hi. This doesn稚 make any sense. The Drivers Assistance Package in 2017 and 2018 S6 models includes Audi Pre Sense Plus and Adaptice Cruise with Stop and Go functionality.

The adaptive cruise is more than just cruise control. It has ability to come to full stop and then reengage with tap of the lever. Even if it fails to track properly Audi Pre Sense would kick in to avoid you rear ending someone as you池e in traffic and likely going at moderate speeds.

I doubt Audi would release this functionality if it was buggy.

What are are you basing your case on? What exact package does the car you drove have?

Thanks

Originally Posted by randmname
Adaptive Cruise Control is best to be considered for long haul interstate cruising - NOT commuting in rush hour traffic. If you rely on it for that, you will rear end someone within a week - it simply is not reliable enough for that.

Quick Reply: 2018 S6 Adaptive Cruise with Stop and Go