S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

About to purchase an S6

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default About to purchase an S6

So I know I want the sport package and sport seats, but I'd also like the B&O--which narrows the search greatly in the used 2016-17 market. Any other must haves or things to look for?
Old 06-10-2019, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 247 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by Francis Shoshoni
So I know I want the sport package and sport seats, but I'd also like the B&O--which narrows the search greatly in the used 2016-17 market. Any other must haves or things to look for?
Assisted Cruise control. use it all the time.

Also love the top down camera.
The following users liked this post:
davepjr71 (06-22-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are in the US, there are a few leftover new 18's that can be had at 25+% off. Much better value than a used 16/17 right now. Must act quickly though.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Finding one with B&O will greatly limit your search in the US. If you are set on 16-17, keep in mind that only 2017 and 2018 models have CarPlay enabled stock. It can be unlocked in a 16, but will have to be done by "3rd parties". Also, if you are looking to get the most out of your S6, I'd also recommend the following packages at a minimum:

1) Driver Assistance Package which includes:
  • Audi active lane assist
  • Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go functionality
  • Audi pre sense® plus
  • High beam assistant
2) S Sport Package which includes:
  • Audi dynamic steering
  • quattro® sport rear differential
  • Front and rear Red brake calipers
  • Sport exhaust with Black tips
Additionally, I'd also recommend the 20" Black Optics package with Carbon Atlas inlays inside to add some pop to the exterior/interior. It includes the following:
  • 20" 5-double-spoke design Titanium matte wheels with summer tires
  • High-Gloss Black package with exterior mirrors in body color
Now, since you mentioned it, I will add that the B&O Advanced Sound System is worth every penny, but is really tough to find. The caveat to having the B&O is that the car has to be a Prestige model in the first place to have that option. Having the Prestige will add some resale value down the road and gives you the following:
  • LED interior lighting
  • Head-up display with navigation information
  • Parking system plus with top view camera (front and rear acoustic parking sensors)
  • Power rear window, manual rear side window sunshades
  • Power trunk
Good luck in your hunt. It's a fantastic car and the ultimate sleeper.
The following users liked this post:
maxximusk (05-12-2022)
Old 06-11-2019, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a new 18 Audi exclusive dark gray S6 prestige with every option including B&O and Alcantara but not with comfort seats, with MSRP $95K at Audi West Palm that they will sell for $70-72k. Ask for Lee Aksoy.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Agree. DAP is a must have for a daily driver. Everything else on top of that sweet V8 is nice to have. For my search, I screened for cars with DAP and Sports Package. Rest was nice to have.

Any additional option you get adds to the resale price, but also the initial cost :-)
Old 06-12-2019, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BryanB8.5
Finding one with B&O will greatly limit your search in the US. If you are set on 16-17, keep in mind that only 2017 and 2018 models have CarPlay enabled stock. It can be unlocked in a 16, but will have to be done by "3rd parties". Also, if you are looking to get the most out of your S6, I'd also recommend the following packages at a minimum:

1) Driver Assistance Package which includes:
  • Audi active lane assist
  • Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go functionality
  • Audi pre sense® plus
  • High beam assistant
2) S Sport Package which includes:
  • Audi dynamic steering
  • quattro® sport rear differential
  • Front and rear Red brake calipers
  • Sport exhaust with Black tips
Additionally, I'd also recommend the 20" Black Optics package with Carbon Atlas inlays inside to add some pop to the exterior/interior. It includes the following:
  • 20" 5-double-spoke design Titanium matte wheels with summer tires
  • High-Gloss Black package with exterior mirrors in body color
Now, since you mentioned it, I will add that the B&O Advanced Sound System is worth every penny, but is really tough to find. The caveat to having the B&O is that the car has to be a Prestige model in the first place to have that option. Having the Prestige will add some resale value down the road and gives you the following:
  • LED interior lighting
  • Head-up display with navigation information
  • Parking system plus with top view camera (front and rear acoustic parking sensors)
  • Power rear window, manual rear side window sunshades
  • Power trunk
Good luck in your hunt. It's a fantastic car and the ultimate sleeper.
Great info. Thanks for the details.

Yeah I’m currently looking at 3. A ‘16 black in and out in Boston that has everything (including B&O) except cold package, and comfort seats (I prefer sport anyway). 40k miles for $46. Stickered for 95. Someone else is negotiating now. If that falls thru (which I doubt) I’m next. The other is also a ‘16 with 37k miles for 46 with same but a Bose and has cold weather package, with a red interior that is is growing on me. Another with same except flat bottom wheel for 46 with 30k miles. So I got some choices.

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
There is a new 18 Audi exclusive dark gray S6 prestige with every option including B&O and Alcantara but not with comfort seats, with MSRP $95K at Audi West Palm that they will sell for $70-72k. Ask for Lee Aksoy.
70k is a bit more than I’m willing to go at the present moment. But that definitely is a big drop for an 18.

Originally Posted by amchuu
Agree. DAP is a must have for a daily driver. Everything else on top of that sweet V8 is nice to have. For my search, I screened for cars with DAP and Sports Package. Rest was nice to have.

Any additional option you get adds to the resale price, but also the initial cost :-)
Yep, sports package, sports seat, and DAP are all a must have for me.

Question for those that have the Bose, I know it’s no B&O, but is it still decent? I’m coming from a Jeep SRT that had the 19-speaker Harman Kardon. Thanks for all the replies
Old 06-13-2019, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

The Bose is decent sound quality, nothing spectacular. I think the main difference between a generic stereo and the Bose is the addition of the sub. Sound quality is fine, but if you're an audiophile, you will likely not be blown away. It is as good as any other Bose system in any car.

B&O is definitely a step up, but for $5k more, you may do better with aftermarket speakers and upgrade to something even better like B&W.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by amchuu
The Bose is decent sound quality, nothing spectacular. I think the main difference between a generic stereo and the Bose is the addition of the sub. Sound quality is fine, but if you're an audiophile, you will likely not be blown away. It is as good as any other Bose system in any car.

B&O is definitely a step up, but for $5k more, you may do better with aftermarket speakers and upgrade to something even better like B&W.
Yeah that's what I've been thinking. I'm not going to limit it to a B&O. It would be nice, but I'll just upgrade the Bose if I have to. Now I'm kind of leaning on the 17s with CarPlay.. Doesn't sound like CarPlay in the 16s is a simple update like it should be.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah that's what I've been thinking. I'm not going to limit it to a B&O. It would be nice, but I'll just upgrade the Bose if I have to. Now I'm kind of leaning on the 17s with CarPlay.. Doesn't sound like CarPlay in the 16s is a simple update like it should be.
Why not just get an '18? Best reliability and has car play. There is a new silver one on forum on sale for $57k. Nothing like a new car.

Quick Reply: About to purchase an S6