S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Dash Lights went out while driving

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by R_A8
Update: Instruments go out about every other day now. MMI sometimes does not sync between the pop up LCD and the dash cluster (e.g., LCD displays correct song playing from music source and dash indicates that the device is still being loaded). Also the clock randomly resets to midnight, then on next start will correctly set based on GPS. I'm also noticing that the phone bluetooth connection drops during calls quite frequently. Note: Same phone was not an issue with my 2013 S6 so it is likely related to this MMI issue. I'm going to make an appointment to bring the car in. If anyone has any experience with this as well or knows of applicable TSB, please let me know. I'll keep you all posted as I learn more.

On an unrelated note, the car tends to re-arm and lock as I go for the door handle, after previous unlocking. This is something that might normally be associated to accidentally touching the lock button when grabbing the door handle, but I've been driving the same C7 model platform for over 5 years (S6 and A6) and I'm used to avoiding this, so maybe a key proximity thing?. Let me know if anyone has had a similar experience.
WHOA!!! It does that to me also, I feel like the car has a mind of it's own. The car was unlocked, key was in my pocket while washing the car and I touched the door handle and it locked and the mirrors folded in. I was looking around as if someone was messing around with me.

The dash light happened one other time so far, plan on dropping it off shortly and will report back also.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Airkewld
WHOA!!! It does that to me also, I feel like the car has a mind of it's own. The car was unlocked, key was in my pocket while washing the car and I touched the door handle and it locked and the mirrors folded in. I was looking around as if someone was messing around with me.
They'll all do that when washing the car. Something about a stream of water sets off the lock sensor. I've taken to turning off the "mirror fold-in" option when it's time to do a wash.
Old 04-02-2017, 03:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

So is there an update on this issue? What ended up being the issue?
Old 04-13-2017, 08:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Update

The dealer did a software update for the instrument cluster. Day 4 and so far so good.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by R_A8
The dealer did a software update for the instrument cluster. Day 4 and so far so good.
Perfect. Will be doing this next week. Thanks brother.
Old 08-28-2019, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi!

I am having the same issue with my 2016 Audi A3. Do you know which wire was specifically causing the issue or where it's located? I have been working with the dealership to try and triangulate this problem for over 3 weeks now so any help would be great.

Thanks!
Old 08-28-2019, 03:25 PM
bpd
AudiWorld Member

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

Try and take a video when it happens. Most likely dealer will not be able to duplicate.
Old 06-11-2020, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by MikeS6
I had an issue with my entire MMI system, where it would just stop working while driving, the screen went black, and retracted (folded down in to dash). After a long drama story, it turned out to be a wire harness that was barely clinging onto the connection, intermittently unplugging causing the outages. At the factory in Germany the fastener was not put in place to assure that does not happen, so they had to order the fastener and have it installed. I wonder if it's a wire harness. Of course it could be anything... I just figured I'd mention it because it sounds like the same issue I had with my MMI.
Im having the exact same issue in my 2011 Audi a6 c7. which wire harness was it and how did you get to it? Currently struggling alot with troubleshooting.
I've already removed the climate control panel, navi computer and the mmi display without luck. Next thing I'll try is the dashboard.
Old 10-18-2020, 08:54 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Airkewld
First post, I have a 2016 S6 and I was traveling on the freeway at night and the interior lights along with the gauges turned off and then right back on, car didn't turn off though, kept on going, no issues. It has happened one time before, I have only owned the car for 6 weeks. Has this happened to you? Any ideas?

Thanks Pete.
This happened once to me on my 2016 S6 as well in the 12k miles since I've had it. I complained to the dealer about it but since it wasn't reproducible, they didn't do anything about it.