S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Does the C7 S6 really need a tune??

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does the C7 S6 really need a tune??

I'm a power junkie. I have never really had a car that was too powerful. My Renntech E55 was close, but limitations with chassis and grip became an issue.

Audi has clearly underated the HP/TQ of this engine. What will a tune that will increase the HP/TQ by 25% based on Audi's stock figures get you as far as acceleration improvements? 2 to 3 tenths of a second to 60 perhaps?

Thoughts?
Old 02-04-2013, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

I guess it's a matter of personal preference. The car is certainly fast enough for nearly all driving conditions. But if I can get 100HP and tq with a tune, I'm probably going to do it. The price per HP should be worth it.

So does it NEED a tune, of course not. But do I want one, hell yes.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Need? No. But boy would a tune be something else from what is being said!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I don't think most will need it per se, but if the tune removes the throttle by wire lag, that alone would be worth it for me. Same situation when I tuned my R8 V10, the powerband and was notably smoother with less hiccups. Oh yea and the additional power doesn't suck
Old 02-05-2013, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by achan
I don't think most will need it per se, but if the tune removes the throttle by wire lag, that alone would be worth it for me. Same situation when I tuned my R8 V10, the powerband and was notably smoother with less hiccups. Oh yea and the additional power doesn't suck
Very good point. If it improves the lag I would be in for sure.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I really hate this lag manufacturers have put in to the throttle by wire systems. Perhaps we are in the majority as most drivers are oblivious, but I like the car to do exactly what I ask, when I ask it to...
Old 02-07-2013, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

I really hate this lag manufacturers have put in to the throttle by wire systems. Perhaps we are in the majority as most drivers are oblivious, but I like the car to do exactly what I ask, when I ask it to...
Oh man, Ive almost been hit 3 times in this car because of this stupid lag. Ill be making a left turn at a light or intersection thinking I have enough time before the car coming at me is close. But no, theres like a second or so of hesitation between putting the foot down and actually moving. Its extremely unerving to say the least!
Old 02-08-2013, 05:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HyperS4
Oh man, Ive almost been hit 3 times in this car because of this stupid lag. Ill be making a left turn at a light or intersection thinking I have enough time before the car coming at me is close. But no, theres like a second or so of hesitation between putting the foot down and actually moving. Its extremely unerving to say the least!
Same thing especially driving in NYC, it's a pain. Sources have indicated that the tune will remove this lag... I'm game
Old 02-08-2013, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Same thing especially driving in NYC, it's a pain. Sources have indicated that the tune will remove this lag... I'm game
Just drove the car in traffic in manual and dynamic...very very little lag.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My opinion is any lag is unacceptable.
I know I have lag in my '08 and I hate it.

Quick Reply: Does the C7 S6 really need a tune??