S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Fuel Line - Recall Notice Received

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been out of my car for 2+ days and counting. They had some other work to do, and were waiting for the part, which apparently came yesterday.

I did get a pretty cherry A7 Prestige as a loaner, however.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

I just got my S6 back last night after bringing it in for the fuel line recall. They also did the power steering update.

Now, I'm hearing 2 odd noises I've never heard before. The first and most prominent is a fluttering at low speeds, especially when slowing down to 0mph from higher speeds. I'll hear the noise in the 5-15mph range. Kind of a flutter, tick tick, almost like the sound a fan makes if you stick a straw or object in the blade. It's subtle, not very loud. I'm so used to having the radio on, but this noise definitely seems new.

Second sound only occurred twice, so may be a fluke, but it was a loud metal on metal squeak from under the car, somewhere around the rear driver's seat/middle pillar area.

Any ideas?

Waiting for a callback from my service adviser at the dealership. Not exactly thrilled.

Last edited by aj25; 11-06-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by aj25
I just got my S6 back last night after bringing it in for the fuel line recall. They also did the power steering update.

Now, I'm hearing 2 odd noises I've never heard before. The first and most prominent is a fluttering at low speeds, especially when slowing down to 0mph from higher speeds. I'll hear the noise in the 5-15mph range. Kind of a flutter, tick tick, almost like the sound a fan makes if you stick a straw or object in the blade. It's subtle, not very loud. I'm so used to having the radio on, but this noise definitely seems new.

Second sound only occurred twice, so may be a fluke, but it was a loud metal on metal squeak from under the car, somewhere around the rear driver's seat/middle pillar area.

Any ideas?

Waiting for a callback from my service adviser at the dealership. Not exactly thrilled.
Interesting...curious to find out what this is about as well.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Got it back after recall service

It was in the dealer for 6 days. I checked that the under the hood parts were there. I don't notice any differences, including noises, so all seems well. When I brought it in they said that they had the parts in stock so I really don't understand. The service guy said that the entire process takes many hours, not just 2. The steering and tranny TSBs took 2-3 days. I hope the 5000 mile service only takes an hour!!
Old 11-06-2013, 09:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

If I were you, I'd find another dealer or shop before the warranty expires - can you imagine what they'd be charging you if you were paying by the hour for labor?

My TSB's & first service were done together and I got my car back (washed) on the same day.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Delurker
If I were you, I'd find another dealer or shop before the warranty expires - can you imagine what they'd be charging you if you were paying by the hour for labor?

My TSB's & first service were done together and I got my car back (washed) on the same day.
Agreed. My 5k service and steering TSB were done in 2.5 hours, including washing the car.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GiantEli
I've been out of my car for 2+ days and counting. They had some other work to do, and were waiting for the part, which apparently came yesterday.

I did get a pretty cherry A7 Prestige as a loaner, however.
every one keeps getting nice loaners, I always get the crappy a4 or at best a 2.0 q5
Old 11-07-2013, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

LOL! My last service I got a TTS..loved that little thing!

Originally Posted by sciblades
every one keeps getting nice loaners, I always get the crappy a4 or at best a 2.0 q5
Old 11-07-2013, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by sciblades
I agree. I got a Q5 but it was a nasty dirty Q5.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

I got an A4 and it was nothing special compared to my S6.
I didn't check under the hood, but I'm confident that it had a leaf blower for a motor.

Quick Reply: Fuel Line - Recall Notice Received