S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Goodbye A6 hello S6!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goodbye A6 hello S6!

Hello All,

Just wanted to pop over to the C7S6 forum and say HI. I jumped ship today from my beloved '12 A6 Prestige to this beautiful white S6. Had to do a photo shoot with both of them together before parting ways. The drive home in the S6 was awesome!

Old 08-27-2016, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats! I have the exact same car and also went from A6 to S6, you're gonna love it!
Old 08-27-2016, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tinbad
Congrats! I have the exact same car and also went from A6 to S6, you're gonna love it!
My face hurt from smiling all the way home
Old 08-27-2016, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ArizonaA6
My face hurt from smiling all the way home
Yep that sounds familiar to me It's crazy how much of a different driving experience it is. My wife gave me **** at first for getting the "same car", then she took the time and drove it for more than 5 mins and well.. now she tells me I can take the minivan so she can drive the S6 lol.
Old 08-28-2016, 03:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts

Congrats! I bought the exact same car....LOVE it!!! I wanted the black optic package wheels, but no white were available with Driver Assist and BO - weird. But I also prefer the silver side mirrors versus white with the BO package. Can't have EVERYTHING perfect off the lot!

So I got a second set of BO wheels and tires, put them on, decided I liked these better. (selling them now) So back to the way I bought it...just blacked out (wrapped) door trim, added 15mm front and 12.5 mm spacers in rear, and blacked (wrapped) out the roof.

I really do like this car...a lot.

Last edited by parkstr8; 08-28-2016 at 03:49 AM.
Old 08-28-2016, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome and congrats! I, too, made the switch from an A6 to a S6 six months ago. Though the 3.0T is a great engine, the V8TT definitely rocks my world! If you ever put a tune on this bad boy, you will not regret and giggle like a little girl.
Old 08-28-2016, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats on the new ride. You guys inspired me to aim for the S6 next.

IF you don't mind, can you share pricing details? MSRP, % discount, rebates, etc.

Was this a car on the lot or had to be ordered/built?

I don't know where all you guys are, but none of my 4/5 local Audi dealers have any S6 sitting around. Maybe some dealers have 1 S6, but that's probably for demo and test drives.
Old 08-28-2016, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by thehaviet
Congrats on the new ride. You guys inspired me to aim for the S6 next.

IF you don't mind, can you share pricing details? MSRP, % discount, rebates, etc.

Was this a car on the lot or had to be ordered/built?

I don't know where all you guys are, but none of my 4/5 local Audi dealers have any S6 sitting around. Maybe some dealers have 1 S6, but that's probably for demo and test drives.
Plenty of 17 S6s here, the 16 MY getting scarse. I got a new MY16 S6 couple weeks back, PM me if you'd like info on pricing.
Old 08-28-2016, 02:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats!! Don't forget to set on dynamic and sport mode....foot to floor and smile!!
Old 08-29-2016, 02:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by parkstr8
Congrats! I bought the exact same car....LOVE it!!! I wanted the black optic package wheels, but no white were available with Driver Assist and BO - weird. But I also prefer the silver side mirrors versus white with the BO package. Can't have EVERYTHING perfect off the lot!

So I got a second set of BO wheels and tires, put them on, decided I liked these better. (selling them now) So back to the way I bought it...just blacked out (wrapped) door trim, added 15mm front and 12.5 mm spacers in rear, and blacked (wrapped) out the roof.

I really do like this car...a lot.
I'm a sucker for the silver "S" mirrors as well. I was looking to buy a set of the BO wheels for my A6. Do you have a picture of your S6 with the BO wheels installed? How did it look with the chrome trim/Silver mirrors? I do like my current wheels, but...

Also, who has lowered their car with VCDS? before/after pics?

Thanks guys!

Quick Reply: Goodbye A6 hello S6!