S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Power Truck, Remote not working?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 02:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Truck, Remote not working?

Hey guys I think I asked about this a while back, but wanted to just check with anyone with a 2018 to see if this is correct or not... I want to once and for all address this and resolve this issue with my dealer...
One of the things that I really was looking forward to with the Prestige trim was the power lifting/closing trunk, but I can't use the remote to close the trunk unless I'm with in 3 feet of the trunk area, and I have to press the button down and hold it until the trunk completely closes. So in other words I can't close the trunk from the window in my house (30 feet away) by pressing the remote trunk button.(holding or otherwise) It locks/unlocks fine from there, I can press the panic from there, so it's not interference or range. There's something either wrong or there's a setting I'm not aware of that perhaps could fix this? I'm curious to hear from anyone, but would like those with the 2018 MY most of all to check and answer so when I can be assured it's not like something" new" they did for MY18 or something.

Last edited by MikeS6; 10-28-2018 at 02:42 AM.
Old 10-28-2018, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeS6
Hey guys I think I asked about this a while back, but wanted to just check with anyone with a 2018 to see if this is correct or not... I want to once and for all address this and resolve this issue with my dealer...
One of the things that I really was looking forward to with the Prestige trim was the power lifting/closing trunk, but I can't use the remote to close the trunk unless I'm with in 3 feet of the trunk area, and I have to press the button down and hold it until the trunk completely closes. So in other words I can't close the trunk from the window in my house (30 feet away) by pressing the remote trunk button.(holding or otherwise) It locks/unlocks fine from there, I can press the panic from there, so it's not interference or range. There's something either wrong or there's a setting I'm not aware of that perhaps could fix this? I'm curious to hear from anyone, but would like those with the 2018 MY most of all to check and answer so when I can be assured it's not like something" new" they did for MY18 or something.
Look at second page tips, will only close within 9 feet.

Old 10-28-2018, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow... Thanks I guess reading the manual is hard for me. (I feel dumb) Thank you so much for linking all that Go123!!
That being said, I don't know, but to me that's not exactly a convenience, I thought to my self when I had my previous S6 (it was a Plus, so no power open/close) I would love to be able to grab a ton of groceries from the trunk, my hand would be totally full, and run in the house and just hit the close button from inside the house 40 feet away. It's not to hard to close a trunk when you are right next to it weather its power or not. The Plus trim essentially opened itself when you hit the button so its always been "power-open" kind of. I would think/want the big advantage of the power open/close would be that I could hit the button anywhere in the remotes range to close it from afar. That's really disappointing. I wonder if I can tinker with VagCom settings to override that?