S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

S6 Driving impressions

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S6 Driving impressions

I had the good fortune of driving a new S6 today and have to say that I was blown away how much better the car was (especially the handling), then I remember from several test drives. My auto insurance broker (who I'm very friendly with) just took delivery of his car last week and threw me the keys and said take it for a ride. For me, it's so much better to drive a car on my own then with a salesman in the car. Out of respect for the new drivetrain, I was pretty easy on the car, but as most know, it doesn't take a lot to get the car moving at a good pace. I took it up a local canyon road and pushed it pretty hard thru the turns and was very impressed and surprised how flat, stable, and planted it felt. The road had some wet sections and it was also impressive how it was unaffected by the slipperier conditions. My current car is a BMW 335d (with Sport package), and the S6 felt lighter, tighter, and simply more buttoned down in the curves. I could go on and on, but the other thing that really impressed me were the seats. This car has the stock sports seats and they were just about perfect, as far as I'm concerned. They felt very similar to the Sport seats in my BMW, which I love. I will use the S6 for my sales job, so good seats are must for long days behind the wheel.

As luck would have it, about an hour after I drove the car, my salesman called and said my car has been released from the port (San Diego), and it should be available in a few days. Needless to say, I'm getting excited.

Chris JB

Any day now: 2016 C7 S6 Prestige in Tornado Gray Metallic, Black Optic Package, Sports Package, Cold Weather Package, Rear Side Airbags, Layered Aluminum/Black Wood inlay
Old 01-05-2016, 01:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

You're going to love it even more in Tornado Gray.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

i moved to s6 from m3. I would describe the difference like I drive now electrical car:
s6 moves with the same speed and have the same agility but no drama and no external effects. Very deceptive car and I like that. Plus it has a lot of room for rear passengers and works fine for my needs.
Enjoy your new car - I love this color!
Old 01-06-2016, 05:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just got my S6 moving from a CTS-V. The V was a muscle/performance car. I loved it and miss it but the Audi is polished and refined. You don't feel speed but it's there! Very well balanced and pulls amazing to a 100. I'm having a ton of fun with it so far!
Old 01-06-2016, 08:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by MRANT212
I just got my S6 moving from a CTS-V. The V was a muscle/performance car. I loved it and miss it but the Audi is polished and refined. You don't feel speed but it's there! Very well balanced and pulls amazing to a 100. I'm having a ton of fun with it so far!
Good to hear. I've driven the CTS-V at Searspoint Raceway and was very impressed. However, I prefer more of a "polished and refined" fast road car. I believe the S6 is that car.

In the next few days: 2016 S6 Prestige, Tornado Gray Metallic, Black Sport Seats, Black Optic Package, S6 Sports Package, Cold Weather Package, Rear Side Airbags, Layered Aluminum/Black Wood inlay
Old 01-07-2016, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Chris JB
I had the good fortune of driving a new S6 today and have to say that I was blown away how much better the car was (especially the handling), then I remember from several test drives...Needless to say, I'm getting excited.

Chris JB
It's an incredibly polished, well-rounded car, and a true joy to drive.

Have fun with it!
Old 01-07-2016, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

See 2016 car & Driver test of S6. Slower than 2013, though they still like it.

Car and Driver
Old 01-07-2016, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T
It's an incredibly polished, well-rounded car, and a true joy to drive.

Have fun with it!
Thanks! It's very clear that I won't be disappointed. I've never read so many positive reports of a car before...and I've read a lot!

Based on your signature, is one of your past Audi's an A6 2.7t? I had a 2000 with a 6-speed and loved that car!

BTW, my car is at the dealer and I plan to pick it up Saturday. I need to negotiate a better lease deal, as I've found much better deals with a little research...wish me luck.

Chris JB

Very soon: 2016 S6 Prestige in Tornado Gray Metallic, Black Sport Seats, Black Optic Package, S6 Sports Package, Cold Weather Package, Rear Side Airbags, Layered Aluminum/Black Wood inlay

Last edited by Chris JB; 01-07-2016 at 05:30 PM.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Chris JB
...Based on your signature, is one of your past Audi's an A6 2.7t? I had a 2000 with a 6-speed and loved that car!...
Between my wife and I, we owned 3 C5 2.7Ts - all automatics. A 2000 (problem child), a 2001 (still slightly troubled) and a 2004 S-line, which was basically bullet-proof as far as reliability until I finally sold it with 145K miles on it. Enjoyed all 3, but the 2004 was the best by far.

Replaced the 2004 with a 2011 S4, which I LOVED, and now have the S6, which I also love....

Good luck with the negotiations!
Old 01-09-2016, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DD1546
See 2016 car & Driver test of S6. Slower than 2013, though they still like it.

Car and Driver
Motor week timed the 2013 0-60 @ 3.7...I thought it was a mistake...guess not per this review

Quick Reply: S6 Driving impressions