S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

S6 lowered with links and rims installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikec7s6
any method you choose, module, links or dealer cpu, any oem air suspension equipped car will start to ride choppy and like crap if you lower it too much. cayennes will start to ride like crap if you lower it to look like a car with no gap/loading level height and drive like that. from normal height to loading level height is a change of like 5", even if you lowered by module and set it at that height your outcome will be the exact same. and yes, I have a 958 CS also, so I know from first hand experience.
You're correct, the less air in the bag, the less cushion no matter what car. Although my CS rode great at almost the stock loading level with 22" wheels. My dealer had it set a bit higher than loading because that's what they knew worked. I was only playing devil's advocate about the links and I think that's the way I'm going to lower the S6 unless someone figures out how to do it via VAG COM in the next 24 hours. If I ever have a suspension problem I'll be sure to remove the links before letting the dealer see it. The module option is just too much money and the dealers aren't being very helpful.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

lying forsure, if done thru vaq or audi computer, the limits suppose to be 17mm, that's tucking tire and forsure lowered much more than 17mm. they prob linked it and didn't want to say as this was before the lowering module was even available.
What he said.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by S6Express
unless someone figures out how to do it via VAG COM in the next 24 hours.
Ive been working on it for the past 6 months. Another 24 hours arent going to help. Im going for the links myself.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by HyperS4
Ive been working on it for the past 6 months. Another 24 hours arent going to help. Im going for the links myself.
LOL! I've seen your struggles and your codes that didn't work. I just bought the links myself to try out. What's the worst that can happen, I don't like them, I take them off, and I sell them. The best that can happen is the ride is great and I drop the 15-20mm I'm looking for.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL! I've seen your struggles and your codes that didn't work. I just bought the links myself to try out. What's the worst that can happen, I don't like them, I take them off, and I sell them. The best that can happen is the ride is great and I drop the 15-20mm I'm looking for.
I dont think thats the worst that could happen

If you want it 17mm lower, just take it to the dealer, I know the miami / pembrook pines? dealer has done it.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

you wont be disappointed that you bought them. I have my CS set at 2 finger gap all around. while no gap looks nice, I cant stand the bouncy/choppiness the ride is at that height. maybe im just getting older now.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

you wont be disappointed that you bought them. I have my CS set at 2 finger gap all around. while no gap looks nice, I cant stand the bouncy/choppiness the ride is at that height. maybe im just getting older now.
Just got them today. I'll try to put them on this weekend and report!
Old 01-16-2014, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Just got them today. I'll try to put them on this weekend and report!
This thread definitely is in need of pics.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yes, please take pics of the install -i.e. in-progress, what was changed out (before/after)
Old 01-16-2014, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I broke down. Ordered them for myself as well.

Quick Reply: S6 lowered with links and rims installed