S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Traded my 14 S6 for a 17 SS

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 03:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by braincell38
How's the gas mileage of the SS compare to the S6? I only get 17MPG in mixed driving with my S6 which I don't consider to be very good. EPA ratings are way off for the S6 IMO.
I've been getting about 17 mpg with the SS. My S6 averaged @19 mpg. There are days I miss the S6 but one hit of the gas on performance mode with the SS I just grin and have a laugh.
Old 01-20-2018, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I traded In a perfectly fine 1997 Jetta GLX VR6 for a 2002 Mustang GT. The affair lasted 21 months. But it was hot.
Enjoy it while it lasts!
Old 01-25-2018, 03:47 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by MRANT212
I have nothing bad to say about my experience over the past couple of years with my 14 S6. The car is truly amazing in every way and I may be back in another Audi in a couple of years ( S6/7, RS7 or S8). Only time will tell.

I got a great deal on a new 2017 Chevrolet SS that had 20% off for the month of November. These are the cars that Holden produced in Australia for the past few years. 415 hp, RWD, magnetic ride, Brembos and a whole bunch of goodies. The deal was to good to pass up. I put over 40k miles on my S6 in less than two years. Three weeks my S6 took a minor hit in the rear as well and had that all taken care of.

Yeah, I know you're probably rolling your eyes saying am I nuts? Have to say after driving from Maryland earlier today the SS was an amazing deal! I know it's not Audi service or the status of the brand. I'm pretty much driving a fast Impalabu! LOL! But a damn good well balanced performance sedan! I am going to miss my S6 but may be Back!
I'm a little late to the party since I don't spend much time in this part of the forum, but congrats on the SS, those are pretty rare.. I if I recall, I think GM made maybe 3,500 +/- of them.. Is it an AT or MT?

Never drove an SS, but years back a friend had a G8 GT, that was a fun car to drive, it drove so much better than I expected at the time.. Too bad it was too little, too late for Pontiac by the time those came out..
Old 01-25-2018, 02:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JT4
I'm a little late to the party since I don't spend much time in this part of the forum, but congrats on the SS, those are pretty rare.. I if I recall, I think GM made maybe 3,500 +/- of them.. Is it an AT or MT?

Never drove an SS, but years back a friend had a G8 GT, that was a fun car to drive, it drove so much better than I expected at the time.. Too bad it was too little, too late for Pontiac by the time those came out..
Mines an auto....would've loved to have gotten the manual but they're extremely rare and the wife doesn't drive a manual. I noticed on your signature that you have a CTS-V Coupe. I had a 12 V sedan before the S6. I have to say the SS reminds of the V except a bit slower since it's 140hp less. I could strap a supercharger on it and then it would feel even closer but then my warranty is over. I drive a lot so the performance is fine for me. The exhaust and intake sound is amazing for it being factory equipped. Must say again it was the best bargain performance sedan out there!
Old 01-26-2018, 04:50 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by MRANT212
Mines an auto....would've loved to have gotten the manual but they're extremely rare and the wife doesn't drive a manual. I noticed on your signature that you have a CTS-V Coupe. I had a 12 V sedan before the S6. I have to say the SS reminds of the V except a bit slower since it's 140hp less. I could strap a supercharger on it and then it would feel even closer but then my warranty is over. I drive a lot so the performance is fine for me. The exhaust and intake sound is amazing for it being factory equipped. Must say again it was the best bargain performance sedan out there!
No doubt the SS is one great "bang for the buck", and you're right you could modify it but it's fast enough already so why mess around with the warranty.. I'm in the same boat, I've thought about some simple mods that as you know would get me to around 600-610HP easily. But then I would have to tune it to take advantage of the mods and that would void the warranty. And for what, stock the car already pulls like a freight train and breaks the tires loose with just an Airaid on it..

I can relate to your wife comment. Before my V I had a 2011 6MT GS Vette (I see you have a few LOL), so when looking for my V Coupe I was planning to get another 6MT.. But I felt kind of bad because my wife never got to drive it, so I asked her if I got the V in an auto would you occasionally drive it with me (I knew she would never take it out alone). She told me she would, but told me to get the 6MT because she knows how much me and our oldest son (24) likes driving a manual..

I should have listened to her, but I got the auto. That was 4 years ago this past August and ask me how many times shes driven the V... Correct, ZERO times even though I ask her every time I have it out..

Don't get me wrong I love the V and plan on keeping it a very long time, as you know there is just something about the V that until you drive one you can't understand.. It's smooth, quiet and refined, yet raw and nasty at the same time once you put your foot down.. This car still puts smile on my face every time I drive it, planning to take it out this Sat since the weather is supposed to be nice and all the salt is FINALLY washed away.. I can't wait..

I know that GM (rightfully so) still has a bad reputation mainly from their vehicles of the past. But in my experience with GM products over the past 7 years I can't complain. I bought the GS new and put 25K miles on it and not one single issue.. I know Vettes are known for creaks an rattles and even with the removable top, slightly lower and tighter GS suspension it was solid. The only reason I traded it was because I drove a V and was hooked. Bought the V new and the only issue in 4 years with the V has been the Supercharger rattle that GM took care of.

Sorry for drifting off topic... One again congrats and enjoy the SS.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Pretty funny she's never driven it. I've had my 88 Vette for over 16 years. When I was looking at them I bought an auto in case she wanted to use it. In 16 years she's driven it once....around the block the first day I got it. I picked up the 71 a couple of years later and made sure it's a manual. When I want to row thru the gears at least I have one stick shift car in the stable. Pretty nice out here today so it's time to run the 71 Vette!