S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

What Can Dealer Find Out?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What Can Dealer Find Out?

I was told my car was released to production on Jan 23rd.

What info can they get from Audi as to ship dates, Vessels, and dock times? I see people guessing as to what ships their car may be on. How much actual info can a dealer get?

My S6 is coming to eastern PA, but the only date I have is the Jan 23rd production release. What else are know times. Factory to ship? Ship departures? Time through customs/inspection?

Sure would like to know the chances I might see my S6 earlier than the late March/early April prediction.

Anyone know?
Old 02-20-2013, 07:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jascooper
I was told my car was released to production on Jan 23rd.

What info can they get from Audi as to ship dates, Vessels, and dock times? I see people guessing as to what ships their car may be on. How much actual info can a dealer get?

My S6 is coming to eastern PA, but the only date I have is the Jan 23rd production release. What else are know times. Factory to ship? Ship departures? Time through customs/inspection?

Sure would like to know the chances I might see my S6 earlier than the late March/early April prediction.

Anyone know?
You can find out a lot from your salesman if he chooses to look your car up in the system.

Here is an idea of what it can look like:
Release for Production 10/08/2009

Factory Inspected 11/05/2009 

Ship Loaded 11/13/2009 

Port Arrived 12/10/2009 

Rel. to Carrier (Port) 12/21/2009 

Dealer Delivered Week of 01/04/2010

Looks like your car will be on time or a little early. I hope this helps.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

As the car moves through the process more info is available to the desler. I got an update from my dealer telling me when the car arrived at the port, the date it was to be loaded on the ship and the date it's supposed to arrive here. I'm sure if you ask your dealer will provide you with updates. Once you have a date for the car to be loaded and it's aproximate arrival date it's relativley easy to determine the ship. I don't have the links to find that info here right now, but I'll post them when I can.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Email from dealer today says:

Should be ship loaded by March 2nd, and in the dealership the week of March 25th with no delays so far.

Built in Neckarsulm and shipped to Davisville, RI.

It appears no amount of tailwind, prayer, or papal intervention will change that; although I'm hoping for all that.

Until then, I'll live with my computer wallpaper. And watching the various tutorials and reviews over and over.

I did order a new Gumby for the car, as the last on seems to have been lost when my Mini was totaled.

Now I just have to decide on what to get for a license plate, if anything (maybe ESS-SIX).

It's been a long time since I've been so anxious about getting a car.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Car built and should be on a ship March 3rd.

Did someone say they had a source for tracking which ship it could be on?
Old 02-26-2013, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jascooper
Car built and should be on a ship March 3rd.

Did someone say they had a source for tracking which ship it could be on?
OK, here ya go. As far as I know Audi’s are shipped to the U.S. from Bremerhaven. Since you know when your car is supposed to be loaded on a ship you can go to this link - http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSche...countryList.do Select search by ports, then Germany as the country of origin and the U.S.A. (or Canada) as the destination country. On the next screen select Bremerhaven as the origin port and then the appropriate port of entry. I believe Audi uses Boston; Wilmington, Del.; Brunswick, Ga. & Houston. There is one on the west coast but I’m not sure where. Set the on or after departure date for the day your car arrived in Bremerhaven. The ship won’t leave for a few days after that but this way you won’t miss seeing it. You don’t need to put anything in the “arrival on or before” box. Click search. This will bring up a list of the ships leaving Bremerhaven to your selected port of entry. You should be able to pick out the correct ship using the known date your car arrived at the port and the approximate arrival date in the U.S. that you got from the dealer. If you click on the voyage listed for the ship it usually will show you some specifics about the ship including a photo. Note the ships call sign, SJCD for example. We’ll use that to actually track the ships progress. This screen also will show the ships schedule.
Now go to http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shiplocations.phtml At the top of the page under Ship tracker, click on “Find Ship by Name”. Type the name in and click search. The box will show all the registered ships with that name. This is where the call sign comes in handy, sometimes there are several ships with the same name. Select the correct one and click on the ships name. This will open up a map showing your ships last reported position. If you click on the Long./Lat. the map will show all the ships in that vicinity, then you have to look for yours on the table to show just the one ship.
This sounds much more complicated than it actually is. My car is on the Mignon that just cleared the southern tip of England this morning headed for Halifax then NYC and finally to Brunswick on the 11th. Have fun!
Old 02-26-2013, 12:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Great info! I am expecting my Daytona Gray S7 to ship March 2, so I used the site to search departures. The Queen Sapphire is scheduled to leave Bremerhaven 3/2 and arrive Brunswick, GA 3/15 and then continue to Port Hueneme near Ventura, CA, arriving 3/28. So it appears to me that Jascooper's S6 and my S7 may be on the same vessel if all goes according to plan. FYI - my vehicle was factory inspected 2/21, which is the last "Actual" info I have.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the info, photoguy.

Looks like there are 5 possibilities so far My dealer said 'ship loaded on 3/2 or 3/3 So it could leave on any of them. He also said the car arrives in Davisville, RI, which throws everything off. On any of the 4 likely ships, all arrive between 3/15 and 3/25 (and the one on 3/25 stops in NYC on 3/21, so they could drop it off there).

So depending on port to dealer time I could see it sometime in March. I'm getting all goose pimply!

Now, as long as the ship doesn't sink, or I wake up and learn this was all a dream. (Or those idiots in Congress don't do their job and there's an economic disaster next month, which is more likely than the other two options).
Old 02-26-2013, 02:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think my S6 will be joining yours on the same ship as I just heard from my sales guy that my load date is 3/2 as well. Starting to get excited... but being on the opposite coast my dealer date is still over a month out. Sigh.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Buodonn
I think my S6 will be joining yours on the same ship as I just heard from my sales guy that my load date is 3/2 as well. Starting to get excited... but being on the opposite coast my dealer date is still over a month out. Sigh.
Good to see we're seeing the same thing from our dealers...mine says ship loaded ETA is 3/2 and dealer delivered ETA is week of 4/8 out here on West Coast. Still a long time...

Quick Reply: What Can Dealer Find Out?