S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

2013 Quartz Grey S7 delivered (photos)

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 05:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right now I'm dreaming of a phantom black S6 with the five arm rotor wheels and black diamond stitching. That's hopefully my next car if all goes well. On S cars, there's just something about the aluminum and chrome accents mesh with the black that I find extremely handsome.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

I went Garnett Red. In this town it seem like it either White, Black or a tone of Silver or gray.
Drive a quartz Blue MB E550. PLus there 4 A7 in town that are white and black
Old 06-20-2013, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Got a call yesterday with a delivery date for my 2014 S7 SEPT 2 one day after my lease is up on my MB E550 cab Can't wait
Old 06-20-2013, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by jhebert
I went Garnett Red. In this town it seem like it either White, Black or a tone of Silver or gray.
Drive a quartz Blue MB E550. PLus there 4 A7 in town that are white and black
Yeah, but what kind of bottled water do you drink?

The first A7 I saw was red, it was sublime... congrats on the new car, I trust we'll have some pics on here somewhere so others can insult you?
-Tom
Old 06-20-2013, 08:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jhebert
Got a call yesterday with a delivery date for my 2014 S7 SEPT 2 one day after my lease is up on my MB E550 cab Can't wait
When did you place you order?
Old 06-20-2013, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

End of April, but i was #2 on the list because another customer ordered one a few weeks earlier than me. The black optic package still says unavailable at this time.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Any kind of water, Nothing against Black, White or a Shade of Gray, Just didn't want to blend in.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I know this is a bit off the beaten path but I saw a pearl pink Mary Kay Cadillac. Thank god audi doesn't provide the Mary Kay fleet. Vomit.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:50 PM
2013 Audi S7 owner

Default Gtechniq after 4 months

Well, I did I quick wash job on my S7, and my father's A7 (a surprise for him while he was out of town). I wish I had taken a better photo, but I was too busy meeting my goal of getting them both back into the garage before it rained.

After four months, Gtechniq products have really, really, impressed me, especially the EXO. The base crystal lacquer coat is hard to judge because it's underneath the EXO coating, but the EXO is really holding up well, and my guess it that it may have something to do with it bonding well to the crystal lacquer coating I applied first. The way EXO beads water and almost repels water is incredible. I drove nearly 800 miles over 4th of July weekend, without washing the car once. Yes, the wheels eventually were dark gray from brake dust, and the front end and windshield were covered with big splats...however, just before I got home, I drove about 35 minutes in a ridiculous downpour. When it stopped raining and I had parked, my car looked like I had washed it - I was amazed - the bugs were all gone, and the brake dust was nearly gone, except for a few streaks! I literally used the rain water on the wheels and my fingertips to wipe away the leftover brake dust. So, I am fully converting to using Gtechniq on my car, and my parents' cars, once I use up my stockpile of Zaino.

Another thing - I applied the C5 and then EXO to my S7's exhaust, and my mind has been blown by how clean the exhaust has stayed - no black grime or residue whatsoever, and it's been driven 4000 miles. I applied Zaino applied to the exhaust of my father's A7, and his exhaust is dirty after only a week of driving. Now, two different engines, different drivers, etc, could be the difference, so to re-test, I scrubbed his exhaust today with Gtechniq metal polish, and then sealed them with just EXO. Time will tell if his stay as clean as mine.

As a random side test, I took an old, unused license plate, coated 1/3 of it with Gtechniq EXO, 1/3 of it with the base and top coats of Rustoleum's "NeverWet", and 1/3 with only the "NeverWet" top coat. I let it lay outside for the last 4-5 weeks, in the sun, rain, etc. I was rather surprised by the results. The EXO shows no change - still beading. The "NeverWet" portion that was only the topcoat was completely gone, and the portion that I used the top & bottom coats was still beading, but began peeling off the license plate where I would touch it! I was really excited about "NeverWet" for use on many things, but the fact it dries like frosted glass, and not clear, rules it out for any automotive use, and the lackluster durability rules it out entirely.

Randy
Attached Images  
Old 10-13-2013, 10:08 PM
2013 Audi S7 owner

Default seven months in...

I posted in another thread about detailing, so I decided I should give an update here as well...

Long story short, I have switched to Gtechniq permanently. As stated previously, I did my S7 with all Gtechniq products, and my dad's A7 with all Zaino Bros products (except I did his glass with AquaPel). I have driven both and washed both for the past seven months, and while I actually think AquaPel is cheaper and slightly longer lasting on glass, on paint, there is no contest; the S7 with Gtechniq still beads water and repels dirt like the first week I applied it. The A7, with Zaino, still beaded somewhat, but not nearly as much. After a 600-mile road trip with both cars, in the rain, the S7 looked like it had gone a day or two without washing, whereas the A7 looked like it had a month of dust/waterspots on it. The other big difference is how easily the Gtechniq coated wheels are to clean - I can easily use my fingers and water on the S7 wheels without soap, whereas the A7 requires a brush, wheel cleaner, and elbow grease.

My dad kept asking me when I'd coat his car with "the better stuff You have on your car," so last week, I re-prepped his A7 for him and re-coated it with Gtechniq EXO. We'll see how the product holds up on both cars through a salty Chicago winter.

Randy

Quick Reply: 2013 Quartz Grey S7 delivered (photos)