S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

I drove my friend's Tesla today...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 07:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I drove my friend's Tesla today...

WOW! What a fun car to drive. It is a completely different experience from any other car that I have driven. The initial jolt of acceleration when you hit the accelerator is instantaneous, explosive and simply amazing. The continuous acceleration is feels about on par with an S7, but the initial thrust is simply something that a normal drivetrain simply cannot do.

The handling of the car is also incredibly impressive. The extremely low center of gravity and nice weight balance gives it go cart like handling that is pretty impressive for the size of the car. And speaking of size, the storage space is also amazing.

The technology is light years ahead of every other car in terms of user interface, upgradability, controls and communication.

They missed a few things that should be there in its price class, but overall a really nice effort.

What I disliked:
1. The grill is so ugly that it really ruins an otherwise really good looking design. With the exception of the front view, the lines are similar lines to an S7.
2. The seats are insufficient for a car of the price point.
3. Overall the car details are really quite nice, but there are a few fit and finish issues that diminish the experience.
4. My biggest gripe is their spartan interior design. There is no center console between the seats and you can't use the upholders if you are using the armrest.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Most everyone who drives the T has the same response about the instantaneous acceleration. It certainly appears to be the quickest sedan other than the super sedans such as say the RS7 or Panamera Turbo.

I personally could not deal with the shorter range or uncertain availability of a boost but it works for many judging by the number of them on the streets around here.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Model S P85 and S7 are comparable in many ways.
In fact, I ordered a Model S P85 this weekend, only to cancel and order an S7 today. You hit the points above exactly. Given some range concerns for some of my annual trips, I'd hate to have to take my wife's Passat just because the $115k Tesla couldn't do it easily without lots of pre-planning a few long stops. And the lack of interior storage combined with less comfortable seats and potential fit & finish concerns pushed me over the edge. So, sorry to say I won't be an early adopter on the Model S, but I am confident any remorse will evaporate when my S7 gets here in July.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by vortexx

The handling of the car is also incredibly impressive. The extremely low center of gravity and nice weight balance gives it go cart like handling that is pretty impressive for the size of the car. And speaking of size, the storage space is also amazing.

I took the P85+ for a test drive a few times, I have 2 friends who have it, the car is big, and it handles more like a big A8 then an A6/A7, try taking it hard around a corner a few times and you will see what I mean.