S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

My new 2013 Audi S7 w/ some mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 03:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looked on the Renntech site, it lists the 3.5 working w/ audi a6 allroad, any confirmation it works w/ c7 a6/s6?
Old 03-03-2013, 03:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Achan

I love what you’ve done and I am very much looking forward to your critique of the APR tune.
Are there any drawbacks in doing the APR tune? Warranty, effects of increasing horsepower on the rest of the vehicle?

I have scheduled install of a Stir + next week. I showed the installer your pics and the mirror install is just not gonna happen. Any advice on install locations inside and outside the vehicle would be greatly appreciated.

Did you also install a radar jammer? I don't know much about this because I've never needed one. After 2 days with my new S7 I quickly realized how much I do.

Meridian
Old 03-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by meridian
Achan

I love what you’ve done and I am very much looking forward to your critique of the APR tune.
Are there any drawbacks in doing the APR tune? Warranty, effects of increasing horsepower on the rest of the vehicle?

I have scheduled install of a Stir + next week. I showed the installer your pics and the mirror install is just not gonna happen. Any advice on install locations inside and outside the vehicle would be greatly appreciated.

Did you also install a radar jammer? I don't know much about this because I've never needed one. After 2 days with my new S7 I quickly realized how much I do.

Meridian
There is the worry about warranty being voided from the tune, but I'm not too concerned. Was never an issue on my R8 and I don't foresee it being an issue on the S7. Typically, a proper tune adds power and drivability, the latter being something that is quite noticeable in daily drivers.

The display for the STi-R in the mirror can be outsourced I believe, but this will add to installation cost and time. The radar unit will be mounted in the front bumper/grill. As far as display and remote, it can be mounted pretty much anywhere your installer is comfortable with. I just prefer my electronic be either hidden or minimalist.

I think you are referring to laser jammers? I do have them installed front and rear. The fronts fit nicely in the grill slats, whereas the rear is mounted to the left/right of the license plate. There is really no other spot to put the rear heads on the S7.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by achan
There is the worry about warranty being voided from the tune, but I'm not too concerned. Was never an issue on my R8 and I don't foresee it being an issue on the S7. Typically, a proper tune adds power and drivability, the latter being something that is quite noticeable in daily drivers.

The display for the STi-R in the mirror can be outsourced I believe, but this will add to installation cost and time. The radar unit will be mounted in the front bumper/grill. As far as display and remote, it can be mounted pretty much anywhere your installer is comfortable with. I just prefer my electronic be either hidden or minimalist.

I think you are referring to laser jammers? I do have them installed front and rear. The fronts fit nicely in the grill slats, whereas the rear is mounted to the left/right of the license plate. There is really no other spot to put the rear heads on the S7.
Thanks
Did you have to cut the grill? I've read that the Stir's effectiveness can be diminished behind the grill.

Which jammer did you use? Is it positioned next to the radar unit? I know so little about this it makes me kinda nervous. How much less vulnerabe are you having the jammer and stir vs stir alone?
Old 03-05-2013, 04:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

So no dice on the APR tune. Turns out my ecu is a later revision (4) and APR has only cracked the security code for revisions 1&2. Unfortunately, the only way to tell this was to pull the ECU. Pretty bummed out about that, but I guess now we play the waiting game.

We did manage to mount front & rear spacers (12mm & 15mm respectively). Makes the overall appearance of the OEM 20s look more desirable IMO.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ouch, that is disappointing.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by achan
So no dice on the APR tune. Turns out my ecu is a later revision (4) and APR has only cracked the security code for revisions 1&2. Unfortunately, the only way to tell this was to pull the ECU. Pretty bummed out about that, but I guess now we play the waiting game.

We did manage to mount front & rear spacers (12mm & 15mm respectively). Makes the overall appearance of the OEM 20s look more desirable IMO.
Does this mean that all 2013 S7's are in the same situation? The APR tune was looking interesting. However, I did not want to be the first to do it.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mikemdd
Does this mean that all 2013 S7's are in the same situation? The APR tune was looking interesting. However, I did not want to be the first to do it.
Presumably not all 2013s, given APR's tune was originally written for a US based S7. My understanding is that there are difference ECU revisions and also two different manufacturers of ECUs. I think the only way to figure it out is to pull the ECU. Like every other tune, it's only a matter of time before tuners crack the code. But yes, I'm disappointed... was really looking forward to the extra power!
Old 03-24-2013, 09:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Achan

I've about to install LI quad jammers. Where did you place the on/off switch?

Is the stir+ alerting you to lasers? The LI came with a laser tester and the stir+ isn't reading it. Not sure it matters after the LI is installed.

Meridian
Old 03-25-2013, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by meridian
Achan

I've about to install LI quad jammers. Where did you place the on/off switch?

Is the stir+ alerting you to lasers? The LI came with a laser tester and the stir+ isn't reading it. Not sure it matters after the LI is installed.

Meridian
My STIR+ control switch (on/off / mark / sens. etc....) is mounted to the left of the steering column on the front of the dash. Unnoticable to most people since the steering wheel obscures it mostly.

My Quad LI On/Off is mounted above my right knee, on the underside of the dash. Nobody would know it's there unless you were told.

My STIR+ has the laser warning turned "ON" and I find it gives more false positives than anything. The Quad LI sometimes false positives as well, and they don't appear to be synchronized. Who knows? Hopefully the LI will actually work... have yet to find a cop shooting laser to test

Quick Reply: My new 2013 Audi S7 w/ some mods