S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

Rear seat configuration

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FalconA7
Any news regarding this mod, I need definitely to have a 5 seaters S7...family is growing
I never followed through on the belt itself (time is the enemy;-)...for the time being I hobbled through with criss-crossing the belts over the center occupant. Since rear belts aren't mandatory I figured it was at least some protection. This car was never intended to be the primary family hauler so my concern was really only occasional times when I would have all kids in back seat together. BTW be aware that Audi uses different receivers for the middle occupant belts. As you could see from my pics I did put in the 3rd receiver when swapping seat bottom. I found out as I tried to insert side belts into middle receiver...didnt lock. Just FYI (originally I figured I could have one belt on side cover 2 kids and go into middle receiver). One work around I was thinking of is to buy/make a separate belt/buckle...it would have one end that went into one of the side receivers then 2 ends on other side (1) would be a receiver for that side belt and the other end would be an adjustable belt that could latch into the middle receiver.

Hope it helps...feel free to PM me if you want to have a call to discuss...still don't know why Audi doesn't offer this as option.
Old 09-16-2019, 02:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Is it possible to say that if I want to turn the rear seats of S7/RS7 into three, I can replace it directly with the A6 or S6 seats?
Old 12-08-2019, 09:44 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Me vets
I never followed through on the belt itself (time is the enemy;-)...for the time being I hobbled through with criss-crossing the belts over the center occupant. Since rear belts aren't mandatory I figured it was at least some protection. This car was never intended to be the primary family hauler so my concern was really only occasional times when I would have all kids in back seat together. BTW be aware that Audi uses different receivers for the middle occupant belts. As you could see from my pics I did put in the 3rd receiver when swapping seat bottom. I found out as I tried to insert side belts into middle receiver...didnt lock. Just FYI (originally I figured I could have one belt on side cover 2 kids and go into middle receiver). One work around I was thinking of is to buy/make a separate belt/buckle...it would have one end that went into one of the side receivers then 2 ends on other side (1) would be a receiver for that side belt and the other end would be an adjustable belt that could latch into the middle receiver.

Hope it helps...feel free to PM me if you want to have a call to discuss...still don't know why Audi doesn't offer this as option.
hey I am soon considering a 2012 a7 and I want to swap the rear seat for the 3 person configuration. What would you recommend as the cheapest and simplest way to do this. I'm only going to use it for extremely short drives to give rides and was wondering if there was a way to do it without spending thousands.
Old 12-09-2019, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Dalodrin
hey I am soon considering a 2012 a7 and I want to swap the rear seat for the 3 person configuration. What would you recommend as the cheapest and simplest way to do this. I'm only going to use it for extremely short drives to give rides and was wondering if there was a way to do it without spending thousands.
If you are looking at an "A7" as you stated, you will already have a bench seat (3 Person) configuration. You will only need to modify if you have an S7. In the case of an S7 I would suggest looking at parts suppliers/junkyards, for a matching S6 seat. configuration.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Me vets
If you are looking at an "A7" as you stated, you will already have a bench seat (3 Person) configuration. You will only need to modify if you have an S7. In the case of an S7 I would suggest looking at parts suppliers/junkyards, for a matching S6 seat. configuration.
the model I'm looking to purchase Is a 2012 model and in the US at least it doesn't have the center seat but instead a little plastic tray here's a picture of the cars backsest