S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

S7 vs tuned A7 with exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S7 vs tuned A7 with exhaust

I've been contemplating upgrading from A7 to S7. In conversations with my dealer friend (who I trust), to my surprise he recommended that I just add a tune and exhaust to my current A7, and save my money for the jump to RS7. In his view, the delta $ for S7 isn't worth it - compared to a tuned A7 with exhaust...

Any thoughts from you who have owned both?
Old 06-18-2016, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tman007
I've been contemplating upgrading from A7 to S7. In conversations with my dealer friend (who I trust), to my surprise he recommended that I just add a tune and exhaust to my current A7, and save my money for the jump to RS7. In his view, the delta $ for S7 isn't worth it - compared to a tuned A7 with exhaust...

Any thoughts from you who have owned both?
I just made the switch from A7 to S7. The power of the 4.0T is addicting. Totally different dynamic. Just do it.
Old 06-20-2016, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Check out the A6 section here and C7 section over on Audizine.com. Many more tuned vehicles there. More cars, same engine, similar performance gains.
Old 06-21-2016, 02:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tenspeed
Check out the A6 section here and C7 section over on Audizine.com. Many more tuned vehicles there. More cars, same engine, similar performance gains.
Thanks, good suggestion.
Old 06-27-2016, 06:17 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

My only relevant experience is having had an A7 loaner recently for a week when my '16 S7 had to go in to replace the A-pillar fabric that had been cut by a service guy when removing a vignette sticker. Anyway, the A7 was very nice but it didn't have the growl or pickup that the S7 has. The A7 was quick but the whole experience from just starting the engine and watching the tach spin around and peg out along with a little roar, to punching it at a stop light or to pass someone on the freeway, is just night and day different. Now that I've had the S7 for about a year, there are times I wish I'd gone to the RS7 for even more growl but I haven't ever said "man, I don't think I really need this extra in the S7...I wish I'd just stuck with the A7"...haven't thought that even once!