Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Audi 2019 RS3 on order January 5th 2019 ...

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Terry,

Good deal that you got the replacement iK9 foamer from Amazon so quick.
It seems to be working just great.
I plan to put mine together and try it out this weekend.
I will be using mine for a wheel cleaner foam.

Look forward to hearing about what you think once you foam up the car.
One question is how well will the Reset shampoo work as a foam.
From your video it should be just fine.

Cheers,
Tom
Old 07-25-2019, 09:49 AM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasGolfR
Terry,

Good deal that you got the replacement iK9 foamer from Amazon so quick.
It seems to be working just great.
I plan to put mine together and try it out this weekend.
I will be using mine for a wheel cleaner foam.

Look forward to hearing about what you think once you foam up the car.
One question is how well will the Reset shampoo work as a foam.
From your video it should be just fine.

Cheers,
Tom
Hi Tom,

I think the CARPRO Reset is going to be KILLER buddy.
I only put a very-very small amount in the IK Foam 9 so it would add hopefully some White color when spraying for the video.
I have no doubt when I actually put the recommended amount of CARPRO Reset it will be like {Thick-Lather} !!!

I'm going to try my best to keep the wheels as clean free from the dreaded brake-dust as possible.
Meaning, doing the cleaning frequently and using the IK Foam 9 with CARPRO Reset.
Since my wheels have the CARPRO Reserve Finest Ceramic Coating "Baked-On" I think I'll be good to go.
Should be much-much easier to get rid of the Brake-Dust ...........

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 07-25-2019 at 09:53 AM.
Old 07-27-2019, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Terry,

Thanks for the detailed explanation about using Reset to foam the wheels/car.
I keep forgetting that you had DLUX baked on the wheels, so yes, you won't need a more
heavy duty wheel cleaner.

I agree with you that it is going to be much quicker to keep the wheels clean by using the
foamer. Just rinse off the wheels, spray on the foam, let dwell, then rinse off. Most of the
time you probabl won't even have to use the brushes and a bucket of soapy water.

Oh, I like your new AVATAR..
Cool beans my man.

Cheers,
Tom
Old 07-27-2019, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by TexasGolfR
Terry,

Thanks for the detailed explanation about using Reset to foam the wheels/car.
I keep forgetting that you had DLUX baked on the wheels, so yes, you won't need a more
heavy duty wheel cleaner.

I agree with you that it is going to be much quicker to keep the wheels clean by using the
foamer. Just rinse off the wheels, spray on the foam, let dwell, then rinse off. Most of the
time you probably won't even have to use the brushes and a bucket of soapy water.

Oh, I like your new AVATAR..
Cool beans my man.

Cheers,
Tom
Hi Tom,

Well my man let me know what you think of using the IK Foam 9 sprayer as you will be using it today or tomorrow.

I thought you might like the New "Custom Avatar" buddy.

Additional information:
Check it out guys I am ready for mixing the CARPRO RESET now in the IK Foam 9 sprayer.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 07-27-2019 at 02:39 PM.
Old 08-06-2019, 07:35 AM

Guys,

The ones of you that follow me on this thread I just did a separate thread on Suntek PPF clear film.
If your interested Click on the link below.

Okay this is for the actual owners of the RS3 that have Suntek Clear Film ???

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...-film-2977209/

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 08-06-2019 at 07:38 AM.
Old 08-07-2019, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi Terry,

Thanks for all the useful information you have provided, it's very informative and helpful to the rest of us! You have had quite a journey with your RS3 so far! My experience was quite a bit different and I was lucky to snap up a vehicle off a dealer lot that I didn't have to order and wait for.

Here is my story: I placed an order for a new 2016 S3 in May of 2015 and took delivery in late October 2015. I loved the car and it was my daily driver until now. A big feature for me was Audi Quattro to handle our Canadian winters - with good winter tires on Audi replica rims, the car looked and handled great all year round! This Spring I started to consider alternatives as the S3 was approaching 4 years on the road and I was reluctant to keep the car beyond the warranty period, I have read quite a few horror stories about high maintenance and repair costs on older Audi vehicles and I like to drive newer vehicles. I started keeping an eye on inventory at my local dealer and I did test drive a low mileage 2018 RS3 that came back in on trade in June but didn't make a deal on it. My sales guy felt that they would only see a handful of new RS3s come in and likely later in the fall. He promised to let me know if any other vehicles came in. I was also looking into the 2020 model as there is a significant update coming to the A3 platform. In mid July I saw that a 2019 Nardo Grey RS3 had arrived in the showroom but my wife did not like the colour at all so that was a non-starter! I happened to be on the Audi Canada website the weekend of July 20 and noticed my dealer now had 3 RS3s in stock - the Nardo Grey and 2 black vehicles. I thought maybe it was a mistake as my sales guy hadn't said anything about them. I called him first thing Monday morning July 22 and he did say that one new Panther Black RS3 had arrived earlier that week, when I asked him to double-check, he was surprised to see that I was right, a second Mythos Black RS3 had been allocated 6 days earlier and was sitting in their offsite lot down the road waiting for dealer prep. I went to the dealer that evening to see both new vehicles, they had taken the shipping wrap off the exterior, but the but the interiors were still covered in plastic, they didn't even have the dealer window stickers on yet!

The Mythos Black RS3 had pretty much the options I would have placed on a factory order, there were a couple of options that I hadn't really considered (red stitching instead of grey and red brake calipers), I am not too flashy so wasn't a huge fan of the red accents. The Panther Black RS3 had the full RS3 Red Accent Package so that wasn't as appealing to me. I thought about it and also did a little more research into the 2020 models. It looks like the 2020 A3 will launch in Europe next year but for us in US and Canada, the new A3 might not show up until 2021 model year and typically the S and RS variants are even later. Best case I figured it would be 18 months at least before an updated RS3 is available in North America, so on July 24 I made a verbal deal on the Mythos Black RS3, trading in my S3. I signed the paperwork on Friday July 26 and picked up the car on Monday July 29! So in a little over a week, I went from just looking to owning my RS3. The factory sticker in the warranty handbook indicated the car was built in early June and the car had less than 40 KMs on delivery, I love that nobody touched or drove the car before me other than the factory and dealer road tests!

Here is my build, keeping in mind that our base vehicle and options are different in Canada than the US (can you spot the theme!):

2019 Audi RS3
Mythos Black Metallic
Black leather interior with red stitching
Carbon Fibre Inlays
Black Optics Package
Sport Exhaust with Black Tips
5 Arm Rotor Design Wheels in Black Anthracite
Technology Package
Red Brake Calipers

Ceramic Window Tint, Modesta Coatings, and full front end PPF are next to complete the "blackout" look and protect the finish for years to come!

Enjoy your RS3, I am jealous that you will have much nicer year round weather than me to really enjoy it!

Russell.
Old 08-07-2019, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Rismith2
Hi Terry,

Thanks for all the useful information you have provided, it's very informative and helpful to the rest of us! You have had quite a journey with your RS3 so far! My experience was quite a bit different and I was lucky to snap up a vehicle off a dealer lot that I didn't have to order and wait for.

Here is my story: I placed an order for a new 2016 S3 in May of 2015 and took delivery in late October 2015. I loved the car and it was my daily driver until now. A big feature for me was Audi Quattro to handle our Canadian winters - with good winter tires on Audi replica rims, the car looked and handled great all year round! This Spring I started to consider alternatives as the S3 was approaching 4 years on the road and I was reluctant to keep the car beyond the warranty period, I have read quite a few horror stories about high maintenance and repair costs on older Audi vehicles and I like to drive newer vehicles. I started keeping an eye on inventory at my local dealer and I did test drive a low mileage 2018 RS3 that came back in on trade in June but didn't make a deal on it. My sales guy felt that they would only see a handful of new RS3s come in and likely later in the fall. He promised to let me know if any other vehicles came in. I was also looking into the 2020 model as there is a significant update coming to the A3 platform. In mid July I saw that a 2019 Nardo Grey RS3 had arrived in the showroom but my wife did not like the colour at all so that was a non-starter! I happened to be on the Audi Canada website the weekend of July 20 and noticed my dealer now had 3 RS3s in stock - the Nardo Grey and 2 black vehicles. I thought maybe it was a mistake as my sales guy hadn't said anything about them. I called him first thing Monday morning July 22 and he did say that one new Panther Black RS3 had arrived earlier that week, when I asked him to double-check, he was surprised to see that I was right, a second Mythos Black RS3 had been allocated 6 days earlier and was sitting in their offsite lot down the road waiting for dealer prep. I went to the dealer that evening to see both new vehicles, they had taken the shipping wrap off the exterior, but the but the interiors were still covered in plastic, they didn't even have the dealer window stickers on yet!

The Mythos Black RS3 had pretty much the options I would have placed on a factory order, there were a couple of options that I hadn't really considered (red stitching instead of grey and red brake calipers), I am not too flashy so wasn't a huge fan of the red accents. The Panther Black RS3 had the full RS3 Red Accent Package so that wasn't as appealing to me. I thought about it and also did a little more research into the 2020 models. It looks like the 2020 A3 will launch in Europe next year but for us in US and Canada, the new A3 might not show up until 2021 model year and typically the S and RS variants are even later. Best case I figured it would be 18 months at least before an updated RS3 is available in North America, so on July 24 I made a verbal deal on the Mythos Black RS3, trading in my S3. I signed the paperwork on Friday July 26 and picked up the car on Monday July 29! So in a little over a week, I went from just looking to owning my RS3. The factory sticker in the warranty handbook indicated the car was built in early June and the car had less than 40 KMs on delivery, I love that nobody touched or drove the car before me other than the factory and dealer road tests!

Here is my build, keeping in mind that our base vehicle and options are different in Canada than the US (can you spot the theme!):

2019 Audi RS3
Mythos Black Metallic
Black leather interior with red stitching
Carbon Fibre Inlays
Black Optics Package
Sport Exhaust with Black Tips
5 Arm Rotor Design Wheels in Black Anthracite
Technology Package
Red Brake Calipers

Ceramic Window Tint, Modesta Coatings, and full front end PPF are next to complete the "blackout" look and protect the finish for years to come!

Enjoy your RS3, I am jealous that you will have much nicer year round weather than me to really enjoy it!

Russell.

Hello Russell,

You know it's nice when a guy like you takes the time to "Share" a story like you have for others to enjoy.
I agree with you that it's a must to keep an Audi under Warranty.
Either the original factory warranty or the extended Audi Factory-Warranty.
I think you will love your newly acquired RS3 buddy.

I have in past years owned a number of Audi cars in different models.
My favorites were the two Audi S-4's I owned.
They were super fun, fast, handled great and in inclement weather like pouring rain they did great.
Also they looked GREAT !!!

I have almost 700 miles (US Model) on mine now.
Waiting to see how the darn Suntek PPF clear film situation is going to turn out.

Thanks for dropping by,
Terry

Old 08-10-2019, 08:58 AM

Default RS3 back from X-treme shop ..............

Guys,

I took some really quick pictures of the RS3 as I brought it back home right now from X-treme on Saturday August 10th 2019.

On another post above I posted the link to where they were going to see if they could get the Suntek PPF clear film to hold on the vertical valleys of the hood.
They tried multiple Gels from different manufacturers and that did not work.
Landon owner of X-treme that actually was doing the work talked with the Pros and found out the Audi RS3 is the worst hood for getting the Suntek film to work on.
I had already discussed with Landon that when he gave it his best shot to simply stop.
Then have his tech apply the R1 ceramic coating.
Point being I would be happy with either but appreciated him trying to do the hood with the Suntek clear film 1st.
What was done,
Replaced the Suntek clear film on both front fenders,
Washed and Clay Bar entire RS3, using Griot's lubricant,
Applied 4-coats of R1 ceramic coating,
Applied 2 coats of F11 hydrophobic spray.

So, as it has turned out there is no Suntek PPF clear film on the hood after all.
I could have had it if I was willing to except it not sticking 100% on the vertical slopes of the hood.
I was not willing to do that even though the majority of people would probably never-ever even notice those small areas.
I am content on having instead the R1 ceramic coating as it looks like glass and it does have 4-coats on it plus the R1 Revive spray with 2-coats also over the ceramic coats.
It will be really easy to keep it clean that's for sure.

Terry
Old 09-27-2019, 08:06 AM

Hello,

Well it's been sometime since I have posted on this Main Thread I started so ............

Yesterday I got off my butt and totally detailed the RS3.
It does take time for sure but it was well worth the time and effort as it surely does once again look GREAT.

I did use the K9 foamer to make sure I removed all the dust on it.
Then did the Micro-Fiber wash mitt as follow-up.

Also took the time to completely do all 4-wheels "inside & out" plus the Bright-Red-Calibers.

I went with Griot's Heavy-Duty-Wheel-Cleaner.

Okay so RS3 is done and time now for drying it off including the 4-wheels and all those crevices that hold water.
This is what I use and believe me guys it Works-Perfect but is somewhat "Expensive" as I ordered it.
Mine is with the Optional Heavy-Duty Long-Lasting battery pack and Rapid-Charger.
Trust me guys it's worth the cost ...........
I BLEW all the water off and did not have to use any Micro-Fiber-Drying-Cloths at all.
This guys is a Huge-Time-Saver and a Major-Bonus that you are NOT rubbing on the RS3 painted surfaces !!!
I'm sure all of us with the RS3 are well aware of the Front-End with the three (3) huge black-grills !!!
With this blower it's a breeze to blow the water off the Front-End !!!
And let's Never-Ever forget those Pesky Wheels, Calibers trying to dry them completely off and the deep seated-lug-nuts.

Note,
This Blower with the Optional Battery-Pack is Heavy guys so if your not a pretty stout fellow it can tire your arms-out so just be aware.

I only took some quick pictures after it was completed in the garage.
So, below are those pictures ..............

Lastly, I now have a little over 900-miles on mine.
Terry
Old 09-27-2019, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Terry,

The car looks great.
Good job in describing the tools and products you use to clean the car.
If one has the time doing the detailing can actually be fun.

I've now got about 1300 ;miles on my RS3 and I'm loving the car.
Its split personality (comfy and quiet or full-blown hot rod) means it is great for all occasions.

Thanks and cheers,
Tom

Quick Reply: Audi 2019 RS3 on order January 5th 2019 ...