Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2017 Q7 Improvement Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by GaryK4
I'm not sure what hill hold is. But if it is active and you stop for a light, you can take your foot off of the brake and the car does not creep forward. ACC in my Acura MDX does what you described, but there must be a car in front of you. Also you have to hit resume ACC because the brake stopped it. The Hold feature works with or without ACC active.
Yeah, we don't have that in US Spec cars. ACC is as close as it gets and you're right, there does need to be someone in front of you.

I think the closest we get is that you can set the parking brake which automatically releases as soon as you step on the gas. But that does take a manual intervention each time you stop.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about a couple of really simple changes?

1. Add tire monitoring so you know how much air is in each tire. I fully understand the issues with this but yet every other luxury car has it and it is very helpful.

2. Fix the Homelink pairing so that it actually works! That is the most unreliable and cumbersome process that I have ever experienced. My Lexus was simple.

3. Change the door locks so that you can lock them before leaving the car like every other car in the world. It is stupid that they do nothing if you turn off the car. The lock buttons on the outside of the door are fine but if you do not have a fib they do nothing.

Other than that, great car.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RickObe
Yeah, we don't have that in US Spec cars. ACC is as close as it gets and you're right, there does need to be someone in front of you.

I think the closest we get is that you can set the parking brake which automatically releases as soon as you step on the gas. But that does take a manual intervention each time you stop.
It's called Hold Assist. Perhaps it will make MY18 builds unless there's an issue with US regulations that's preventing it?

Old 03-15-2017, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RickObe

Haven't really driven my new Q7 yet but I thought hill assist was included with the Q7. We don't have a button to push, but I don't think you roll backwards when you are on an incline.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BigKutta
Shouldn't the Q pair the phone that is "tied" to a key? For instance, when i drive with my fob, it should pair my phone because it should know that?

Just asking

Not mine...I paired my phone with my key but it always goes to what phone was used last. of course my car has so many electric gremlins, that well could be how it was designed
Old 03-15-2017, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by PeteDin206
Haven't really driven my new Q7 yet but I thought hill assist was included with the Q7. We don't have a button to push, but I don't think you roll backwards when you are on an incline.
There is a lot of confusing and overlapping terminology. Hill Descent Assist is something different. It's intended to control speed while going down steep hills. There's a different button to engage it:

There's also Hill Hold Assist, which is totally different. See below. Note the "momentary" nature of this function.

Then there's Hill Start Assist, which uses the auto-release feature of the parking brake.

All of the above is for US spec cars.

Last edited by RickObe; 03-15-2017 at 09:47 AM.