Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

No Sirius Radio Fix Yet "currently unavailable"

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Sirius Radio Fix Yet "currently unavailable"

August 1, 2017 - Audi of North America confirmed that "there is a software problem with your 2017 A3 and engineers in Germany are aware of the problem." They did not give me an expected repair date nor do they have a replacement option at this time. However there is a workaround:

Press the menu button, big control **** and upper right silver control button simultaneously and hold. The MMI screen goes black and restarts. The presets, etc are not wiped out.
Old 09-02-2017, 07:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks. I'm having the same issue.
Old 12-02-2017, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Same here. There is a TSB out there for this issue, but Audi has yet to contact me with notification of a fix. It isn't a major issue, more of an annoyance, and hopefully we get a fix soon.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Fixed

After 9 months and lots of complaints to Audi (I need reliable SiriusXM in my car for business) they special ordered a new radio module from Germany and that fixed the problem. They also gave me $250 for my trouble. Make sure you copy the CEO of Audi if the Audi customer service person does not provide a fix within a reasonable amount of time. His email is: Rupert.Stadler@AUDI.DE

Cheers!

Last edited by cyclewatts; 12-02-2017 at 09:51 AM.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Well supposedly there is a fix for this now.
My car is at the dealer getting it installed.

I brought it in for 2 things Accessory port blowing fuses (they say it's my car charger and it worked with others) OK and the Sirius problem.
When I went to pick it up yesterday they said it wasn't ready, Audi was sending a fix which they should have this morning and it will take about 2 hours to update my car.

I will let everyone know if the fix works, but honestly I just want my car back Since I bought it I have had it in the shop 7 days (4 to fix scratches, road rash on wheels and 3 for this) It's been in the shop almost as much as in my hands. Not a complaint because they owed me fixing the scratches and road rash but I just want my car.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by pcwizpcwiz
Well supposedly there is a fix for this now.
My car is at the dealer getting it installed.

I brought it in for 2 things Accessory port blowing fuses (they say it's my car charger and it worked with others) OK and the Sirius problem.
When I went to pick it up yesterday they said it wasn't ready, Audi was sending a fix which they should have this morning and it will take about 2 hours to update my car.

I will let everyone know if the fix works, but honestly I just want my car back Since I bought it I have had it in the shop 7 days (4 to fix scratches, road rash on wheels and 3 for this) It's been in the shop almost as much as in my hands. Not a complaint because they owed me fixing the scratches and road rash but I just want my car.
Awesome! Keep us updated please. Been hoping for a fix to this. While it's not terrible to reset my radio every work or so I'd enjoy not having to do it anymore
Old 12-10-2018, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

No problems so far picked up car on Friday at noon.

The TSB is 2050568/1 Hopefully that helps.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Still working like a champ. I'd call it fixed.
When switching from IheartRadio on Carplay to Sirius for a second it said "unavailable" but then started playing.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Sweet! I don't see it listed on myAudi as a possible bulletin for my vehicle yet. I'll wait it out a bit, if I don't, I'll just approach my dealer and see if they can get it taken care of for me.