TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Fixed rear wing

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 04:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fixed rear wing

I am thinking about adding the fixed rear wing from ABT. Does anyone know how I can turn off the current automatic wing settings? I know I need the OBD tool but what specific setting is it? It is a DYI or do I need to bring it to a shop.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ever get the answers to your questions? In the same boat.
Old 07-20-2018, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Can't you just pull a fuse or disconnect the mechanism?
Old 07-21-2018, 03:34 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yes. I purchased a rear wing from ABT. Their instructions shows how to disconnect the lift motor from the wing lifting linkage. It was done by simply cutting the shaft from motor to linkage. This method causes no errors in the system. The process to do this is shown in their instruction sheet. As for removing the fuse, my understanding is that it disables other items and caused a fault to appear on the dash.
Old 07-21-2018, 10:36 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Is it possible to post a photo or scan of the instructions? Thanks!

Originally Posted by Cogthelog
Yes. I purchased a rear wing from ABT. Their instructions shows how to disconnect the lift motor from the wing lifting linkage. It was done by simply cutting the shaft from motor to linkage. This method causes no errors in the system. The process to do this is shown in their instruction sheet. As for removing the fuse, my understanding is that it disables other items and caused a fault to appear on the dash.
​​​​​​
Old 07-22-2018, 04:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Good info. I want an aggressive fixed wing as well. The dealer told me to pull a fuse. After reading some responses this seems like it was bad advice.
Old 07-22-2018, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Attached is the instructions for fixed rear wing including how to cut the shaft from the life motor to linkage. Good luck
Attached Files
Old 07-22-2018, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

The ABT wing is a little more aggressive than stock. Any others out there that are a bit more aggressive? I can't find anything other than China stuff that I would not order. There is a carbon fiber version on eBay for $1150 but it is a china dealer and their rating on eBay is not good.
Old 07-22-2018, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by robbky48
The ABT wing is a little more aggressive than stock. Any others out there that are a bit more aggressive? I can't find anything other than China stuff that I would not order. There is a carbon fiber version on eBay for $1150 but it is a china dealer and their rating on eBay is not good.
yes it was hard to find rear wing for these cars. I found a OEM TTRS wing at the BKS tuneing web site, not cheap. See link below:

https://www.bks-tuning.com/audi/tt/t...s-8s-2014.html

good luck
Old 07-22-2018, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Cogthelog
Attached is the instructions for fixed rear wing including how to cut the shaft from the life motor to linkage. Good luck
Thank you very much! I'm assuming if you simply unplug the electrical connector for the drive motor that you'll achieve the same result as cutting the shaft except it'll trigger the "spoiler light" on the instrument cluster?

Quick Reply: Fixed rear wing