A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

New Buyer for an Audi A4 --- Bay Area

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Buyer for an Audi A4 --- Bay Area

Hello folks ... Looking to buy a new Audi A4 here in the Bay Area. Not sure which dealer to go to and how to avoid being ripped off. Haven't bought a car in 15 years .
Any tips and tricks to save $$'s are welcome.

1. What price do I negotiate for an Ultra Premium Sedan ? 10% below MSRP ?
2. Pretty sure the dealers are gonna burden me with all kinds of packages. What to avoid ?
3. Financing options to look for ? -- Audi finance better or BoFa or Credit Unions ?
4. Any specific salesman I go for ?

Thanks in advance. Help out a rookie here .
Old 01-22-2018, 08:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by shantanudivekar
Hello folks ... Looking to buy a new Audi A4 here in the Bay Area. Not sure which dealer to go to and how to avoid being ripped off. Haven't bought a car in 15 years .
Any tips and tricks to save $$'s are welcome.

1. What price do I negotiate for an Ultra Premium Sedan ? 10% below MSRP ?
2. Pretty sure the dealers are gonna burden me with all kinds of packages. What to avoid ?
3. Financing options to look for ? -- Audi finance better or BoFa or Credit Unions ?
4. Any specific salesman I go for ?

Thanks in advance. Help out a rookie here .
If you're in the SF Bay Area, I would recommend contacting Tenzin of Stevens Creek Audi in San Jose. He gave a very competitive offer and they didn't try to push any expensive extras.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Samuel Weir
If you're in the SF Bay Area, I would recommend contacting Tenzin of Stevens Creek Audi in San Jose. He gave a very competitive offer and they didn't try to push any expensive extras.
Hello Samuel,

What was the offer ? Could you give me a range ? Also, what about financing ?

Thanks.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:36 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I'd also recommend Stevens Creek Audi. I picked up my 2017 A4 Prestige from them in late 2016 and had a good experience overall and got a very fair deal.

Not sure what the going incentives or discounts for the entry level A4 are so can't help with the price questions.
Old 01-23-2018, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my 17 Prestige at Audi Concord. I had a great experience there and got a decent deal there along with good interest rates from Audi. Sign up for Audi North America, but you have to wait 3 months for the discount to kick in. I just told them that I can they can give me the discount now, or wait for the 3 months.
Old 01-23-2018, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I would recommend Stevens creek Audi, san Jose. Tenzin, Andrei Smith were both good. Get quotes from other dealers too , it will be useful while negotiating. I got 11% off msrp plus 750$ Audi loyalty for custom order. For premium, they will usually have extra packages like convenience, heated seats etc which are good. But if you don't want extra packages, you can custom order. You may get better discount if you buy the car they already have on the lot , especially end of quarter or month. I got loan from tech credit union 2% for 66 months. Audi financing had much higher rate.
Old 05-27-2018, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I was shopping around for an A4 yesterday and got screwed in Fremont (had an appointment, someone bought the car I wanted right as my appointment was. I get that you're not reserving the vehicle or anything, but they didn't even care to send me a text even though I was in the area 3 hours early.) So on a whim I decided to go to San Jose instead because they had lots of options.

Turns out that wasn't a mistake, as others here are recommending Tenzin. Seems like I got a pretty good deal from him too. He also had a buddy of his take care of my insurance, which also seems like it was a pretty competitive deal. He was super straight forward and seemed very honest, even though I have yet to find my $110 USB cables in the car

This being my first new car purchase, I obviously can't quite tell how good the deal was ($51925 MSRP on an A4 Premium Plus w/ Black Optics, Nav/Telematics, Sports, And Black optic plus 19" wheels ..which seemed redundant, as I have 3 different wheel options listed on that sheet for what comes out to ~$44000 pre-tax), but it was below Truecar average and just ~$5k above what I would've paid for a ~5k mile loaner with the same options. Bummed I didn't get the loaner, but whatever.

So thumbs up for Tenzin and Stevens Creek from me as well.
Old 05-27-2018, 10:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You can email all Bay Area dealers internet departments and get them to compete for your business. I've found prices are lower doing that than going in person, and it saves a massive amount of time and driving around. And you can also narrow down the exact car/color/options you want. As far as packages, dealers don't add packages to cars. Those come from the factory. But some dealers do add on "dealer-added options," which are often a very high mark-up/rip-off. Avoid them all. You can do better aftermarket or even by visiting the parts department. Good luck!
Old 05-28-2018, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Just today emailed several dealers on an A4 P+ sticker $50,425 and one came back with $41,100 1st time through cash deal before taxes/lic etc. Almost 20%. With a little negotiating may get it to $40k before trade.
Old 05-30-2018, 12:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by redlight30
Just today emailed several dealers on an A4 P+ sticker $50,425 and one came back with $41,100 1st time through cash deal before taxes/lic etc. Almost 20%. With a little negotiating may get it to $40k before trade.
Wow, what a deal! I bought an A4 P+/sport/nav/wood inlay, MSRP $49650, for $8,000 off including the lease cash (not qualified for the additional conquest cash), Thought that was already aggressive as I could pick from the inventory.