Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

What Kind of Deals Out There on RS5 So Far?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What Kind of Deals Out There on RS5 So Far?

Hello gents,
I've been lurking on here for some time, because I've been planning on buying an S5 Sportback, but when I saw confirmation that
the RS5 Sportback is being released near EOY 2018, I'm considering stepping up to the RS version when it is released.

I know the Coupe and SB, comparably equipped, are within a few hundred bucks of each other, and I've heard of guys on the 2018 S5's
experiencing $5,000 - $10,000(miraculously!) off of MSRP, However, now that I have confirmation on the RS5 SB, I'm wondering what,
if anything, are you guys with RS5 coupes seeing off of MSRP?

Just curious......because I REALLY like it and the wife gave me the semi-Green light to potentially go the RS5 SB route.

Thanks for any info!!
Old 04-30-2018, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Assuming the MSRP pricing is similar to the Coupe, out of the gate assuming you'd option both the S5 Prestige and RS5 pretty generously, you'd be looking at a $20k price difference, with the MSRP savings on the S5 it would probably be closer to $25-$30k difference. There will probably be some savings on the RS5 down the road, but probably not until same time next year, so also depends on how long are you willing to wait. Good luck!
Old 04-30-2018, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't seen evidence of much in the way of deals on RS5s. Mine's MSRP, and that's pretty much what I've heard of so far. I think I've seen an Audi Care included, but not much else.
Old 04-30-2018, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by A5Newbie
Assuming the MSRP pricing is similar to the Coupe, out of the gate assuming you'd option both the S5 Prestige and RS5 pretty generously, you'd be looking at a $20k price difference, with the MSRP savings on the S5 it would probably be closer to $25-$30k difference. There will probably be some savings on the RS5 down the road, but probably not until same time next year, so also depends on how long are you willing to wait. Good luck!
Originally Posted by I haven't seen evidence of much in the way of deals on RS5s. Mine's MSRP, and that's pretty much what I've heard of so far. I [i
think I've seen an Audi Care included, but not much else.
Yep, that is what I expected I would be getting back on your responses.....

Yes, I was looking at doing either:
S5 SB Prestige Pkg in Mythos Blk Met. & Magma Red interior w Carbon inlays, Sport Pkg & Dynamic Steering.
Aftermarket would be ABT front spoiler, RS style grille, AWE Touring exhaust, 20x10 Vorsteiner Carbon Graphite wheels, and all Chrome/Alum would be painted Matte Charcoal/Graphite....
OR
RS5 SB in Mythos Black Met. exterior with Black leather/Crescendo Red stitched Nappa interior, Nav Pkg, Dynamic Package, Dynamic Steering, B&O system.
Aftermarket would be painting/powdercoating
all Chrome/Alum and the 20x10 wheels Matte Charcoal/Graphite, in addition to 10mm or 15mm spacers for the wheels,
with an ABT RS5-R front spoiler and tune later down the road.........

Both would need X-Pel Ulti Plus midway down.....
Old 04-30-2018, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a great deal on my s5 SB in January. I’m friends with my GM and I told him I want the first RS5 SB he can get and I’m not expecting much.
Old 04-30-2018, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by WillieFlo
"...I'm wondering what,
if anything, are you guys with RS5 coupes seeing off of MSRP?....
MSRP here. Not much out there in the way of deals right now. Dealer allocations are really thin. That may or may not change when the SB arrives later this year.

Good luck in your search, WillieFlo. A semi-green spousal indicator light is certainly a good start. ;-)
Old 04-30-2018, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by deltagroup
MSRP here. Not much out there in the way of deals right now. Dealer allocations are really thin. That may or may not change when the SB arrives later this year.

Good luck in your search, WillieFlo. A semi-green spousal indicator light is certainly a good start. ;-)
deltagroup, you aren’t kidding! She gives me a hint of promise, I’m going to take that and run with it before she changes her mind!
The only thing I don’t like about the RS packaging is that they put the top-view camera and heads up display into the same package as the horrid Adaptive cruise control! Prefer the way it is packaged into the Prestige Pkg in the S-Model.

Last edited by WillieFlo; 04-30-2018 at 06:08 PM.
Old 04-30-2018, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

deltagroup, you aren’t kidding! She gives me a hint of promise, I’m going to take that and run with it before she changes her mind!
The only thing I don’t like about the RS packaging is that they put the top-view camera and heads up display into the same package as the horrid Adaptive cruise control! Prefer the way it is packaged into the Prestige Pkg in the S-Model.
The Driver Assistance Package I did not want, though options packaging is on my "Things I Can't Control, But They Irritate Me Anyway" list.
Old 04-30-2018, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

[QUOTE=WillieFlo;25145927]

I was disappointed as well I couldn't get a heads up display without the cruise control I will never use. So far I have been happy with the sensors and back up camera and no HUD...
Old 04-30-2018, 07:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

[QUOTE=jkwb49;25145949]

I was disappointed as well I couldn't get a heads up display without the cruise control I will never use. So far I have been happy with the sensors and back up camera and no HUD...
That’s good to know you can get used to it. Love the HUD on my Denali, but I got screwed into the Adaptive Cruise on that being packaged with the HUD as well. Not gonna make that mistake again.
Really wanted the top view camera to keep me from damaging an expensive ABT front spoiler on a parking stall stop or wheels against a curb when parallel pkg....

Quick Reply: What Kind of Deals Out There on RS5 So Far?