A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Interior cleaning.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 08:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Interior cleaning.

Hi all,
wondering what are the products you would suggest for interior cleaning. All the way from the leather, to the dash and the wooden panels. I’m sure a good vacuum would come in handy. Audi does sell some products but not sure where to order them from. And if there are any better brands for interior cleaning. Thanks in advance.
ps : loving the A7 so far..
Old 05-05-2019, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sameerk
Hi all,
ps : loving the A7 so far..
FINALLY!!! someone on this forgotten board posting something nice about their A7. I feel the same way. But I have resorted to lurking on the busy Q8 board to get information (same electronics, etc). But every time I walk up to my A7 I smile and when I get in I smile even more. Nice to see at least one other person feels the same way.
Old 05-05-2019, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I spent 3 hours giving mine some detailing love yesterday. So far couldn't be happier with her.

For interior here is a link to a discussion we had on leather cleaners a week or so ago: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aut...ioner-2970838/

For weekly maintenance on the leather I use Griots 3-1 Wipes

For the rest of the interior I use CarPro Inside.

Glass cleaner I use Stoners spray.

For the all-weather floor mats I use Simple Green cleaner+water and a stiff brush followed by Trim Shine when dry.

Lastly I have a older Dyson handheld vac that I keep in the garage. it doesn't hold a charge that long, but its more than enough for the car.

Be careful with the various screens in the car and don't use a dirty towel or you may scratch them. I keep a dedicated microfiber in the car just for the screens
Old 05-18-2019, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chicagoA6
I spent 3 hours giving mine some detailing love yesterday. So far couldn't be happier with her.

For interior here is a link to a discussion we had on leather cleaners a week or so ago: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aut...ioner-2970838/

For weekly maintenance on the leather I use Griots 3-1 Wipes

For the rest of the interior I use CarPro Inside.

Glass cleaner I use Stoners spray.

For the all-weather floor mats I use Simple Green cleaner+water and a stiff brush followed by Trim Shine when dry.

Lastly I have a older Dyson handheld vac that I keep in the garage. it doesn't hold a charge that long, but its more than enough for the car.

Be careful with the various screens in the car and don't use a dirty towel or you may scratch them. I keep a dedicated microfiber in the car just for the screens
Thank you.. very helpful, even though I’m still gathering the required gadgets :-)
also, I’ve heard good things about Car Guys brand of “software”. Any idea about them ? Seem to have excellent reviews on Amazon, and they have a complete bundle for a reasonable price.. thanks again
Sameer
Old 05-18-2019, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I have not heard of them, but that’s not saying much. So many great products on the market.
Old 05-19-2019, 02:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

Take a look at Detailers Domain. They carry nothing but top notch products and they are an AW sponsor. Here is the link.

https://www.detailersdomain.com/