Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Lane keep assist - Cup holders

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Lane keep assist - Cup holders

I recently had an opportunity to test drive the e-Tron and was very impressed. I thought the car absorbed bumps and railroad tracks even better than the air suspension Q8. Also thought the steering feel was better than the Q8 as well. This car is now a serious contender for my next vehicle. Two questions for current owners.
1. When in cruise I noticed that the car had a propensity to ride very close to the right side lane markings. My current vehicle LKA system (MB) seems to do a better job of finding centre. Is the right side tendency common on the e-Tron?
2. I noticed that the cup holders are low down in a well. My fear is that when reaching for a cup of coffee or soda it would be all to easy to lift the lid off while lifting upwards... I didn’t get a chance to test first hand but am wondering if my concern is real or just my untested perception. Any owners out there with coffee addictions that can shed light on this?

thanks in advance
Old 07-22-2019, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by hgmobile1
I recently had an opportunity to test drive the e-Tron and was very impressed. I thought the car absorbed bumps and railroad tracks even better than the air suspension Q8. Also thought the steering feel was better than the Q8 as well. This car is now a serious contender for my next vehicle. Two questions for current owners.
1. When in cruise I noticed that the car had a propensity to ride very close to the right side lane markings. My current vehicle LKA system (MB) seems to do a better job of finding centre. Is the right side tendency common on the e-Tron?
2. I noticed that the cup holders are low down in a well. My fear is that when reaching for a cup of coffee or soda it would be all to easy to lift the lid off while lifting upwards... I didn’t get a chance to test first hand but am wondering if my concern is real or just my untested perception. Any owners out there with coffee addictions that can shed light on this?

thanks in advance
The right side tendency seems to be common, I have the same impression. Unfortunately, I do not drink coffee (and will happily kick out anyone who opens a drink in my brand new car :-))
Old 07-22-2019, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My e-tron tracks pretty much in the center of the lane. I don't use the cup holders. Use that space for storage.
Old 07-22-2019, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by hgmobile1

thanks in advance
1) I've noticed it really depends on the road. When in the city it tends to stick to the right lane marking but I had the opportunity to take my car out of the city this past weekend. On the newer sealed roads with crystal clear markings it did a better job of staying in the center of the lane.

2) The cup holders are down low and I drink coffee. Haven't had an issue with the lid coming off but I can see why you would think this could happen. I thought the same when I initially had a cup in there.

Overall, I'm really impressed with the tech and quality of this car. It's a very comfortable ride.