Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Dealerships and AdBlue. What have you experienced?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Dealerships and AdBlue. What have you experienced?

2013 TDI
Audi of Nashville (Tennessee) charges for AdBlue added during regular service visits. When I suggested they should not charge, the Service Advisor stated that the “fix” will cover AdBlue added between service intervals but not during regular service. I guess I could drop in one day for a top off and then schedule service the next day.
What have you experienced?
Old 07-22-2019, 08:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts

Seems like a bad dealer, trying to get out of giving out DEF. I wonder if any of the other marques can give it? VW & Porsche?
Old 07-22-2019, 08:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

I do my own services and buy the oil, filters, and AdBlue from my dealer parts counter. I have not asked for it to be supplied free so I don’t know my dealers policy. As I remember reading the agreement it WAS kind of unclear whether all AdBlue would be free or just the additional fills due to the fix. The stuff is cheap. It’s picky of them not to just cover all of it. Why alienate formerly loyal TDI customers further over $25.00 worth of AdBlue per service?
Old 07-22-2019, 09:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 566 Likes on 448 Posts

If your taking an out of warranty/lease Audi to the dealership for normal service your already getting screwed, whats a few more benjamins?
Old 07-23-2019, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 58 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by FranklinQ7
2013 TDI
Audi of Nashville (Tennessee) charges for AdBlue added during regular service visits. When I suggested they should not charge, the Service Advisor stated that the “fix” will cover AdBlue added between service intervals but not during regular service. I guess I could drop in one day for a top off and then schedule service the next day.
What have you experienced?
My dealer's stance is a max of 2.5 gal/visit in between service.....the only trouble is they're inept and the last fill took them 1hr since they didn't know how to reset the AdBlue warning/countdown. So for the $6 in AdBlue I saved I lost 1h of my time.....certainly won't be doing that again.
Old 07-23-2019, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dreadlocks
If your taking an out of warranty/lease Audi to the dealership for normal service your already getting screwed, whats a few more benjamins?
Thanks to “the fix” it’s still under warranty
Old 07-23-2019, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by drjonez
My dealer's stance is a max of 2.5 gal/visit in between service.....the only trouble is they're inept and the last fill took them 1hr since they didn't know how to reset the AdBlue warning/countdown. So for the $6 in AdBlue I saved I lost 1h of my time.....certainly won't be doing that again.
I think the policy should be better define but I certainly agree, it’s not worth the time they drag their feet with. But in my case there it’s not a $6 issue. Never less than $25 at Audi Nashville.
Old 07-23-2019, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 58 Likes on 52 Posts

I think the policy should be better define but I certainly agree, it’s not worth the time they drag their feet with. But in my case there it’s not a $6 issue. Never less than $25 at Audi Nashville.
$6 is the price I can get 2.5 gal of DEF from any auto parts store/walmart/etc. from. Provided it is ISO compliant, DEF is DEF.
Old 07-23-2019, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 566 Likes on 448 Posts

Thanks to “the fix” it’s still under warranty
Its cute you think that.. but I seen em weasel out of fixing just about anything under dieselgate warranty.. Just yesterday dude got told that his head gasket was not covered, and there's another thread here where they saying timing chain tensioners are not covered.. so good luck with that warranty.

I meant a real warranty, thats worth something.. thats why you'd pay outrageous prices taking it to the dealer is because if they found ANYTHING at all wrong the'd fix it for free.. #Dieselgate warranty just seems applicable to the emissions crap, but then again they told one guy here they would not warranty his vehicle because he put diesel in the DEF tank, like thats ****ing possible to do on accident.. you'd need a tire iron and a funnel.. My money is they made that crap up so he'd have to pay out of pocket

Last edited by dreadlocks; 07-23-2019 at 08:24 AM.