Keyes Audi of Van Nuys

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyes Audi of Van Nuys

Hi guys,

I want to recommend Keyes Audi of Van Nuys, California, as a place to get your next Audi. I placed an order three months ago and got my car three months later (slightly before, actually). Except for slightly screwing up on prices for the 06 A4 models (w/ the different options,) all went well.

Check 'em out!
Old 08-19-2005, 08:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Wait 'til you go to the dark side, the service department. Congrats on the purchase.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:58 PM

Default I have purchased two cars from Keyes... I will never set foot on the premises again.

They are hoodlums, liars, and cheats... which would only be half bad if they were competent, but they aren't that either.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:16 PM

Default Hahahaha...you'll be changing your tune....sooner rather then later. Congrats though on the buy.

Go elsewhere for service. DO NOT GET A WASH THERE.

Only plus about keyes is Sharon in service.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:53 PM

hmmm.... sharon...
Old 08-20-2005, 01:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default congrats on the Audi purchase.....

Thier service dept. almost made me buy a BMW.
Not really, but it's with WORST experience in 18 years of driving a car.

If they were the only Audi dealer in So Cal, I'd drive something else.

Lets put it this way, on my 5th complaint to AoA about my dealings with them, AoA told me to never go back there !!!!
hmmmmmmmm....

kj
Old 08-20-2005, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

She sits in the office behind the parts counter, right?
Old 08-20-2005, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Didn't you just tell me to take my car to keyes?
Old 08-20-2005, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I've had great service at Keyes. Some people should try talking to them as people instead of...

...personal servants. Big difference in how you get treated. You get what you negotiate for as well as how you negotiate.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:59 PM

Default Oh shut the f'ck up already...

You said that already, and you've clearly been lucky. You can't seem to get off your high horse. Careful... You might fall off, next time you bend over to kiss that service manager's ***. Do they wipe your nose for you, when you pick your car up, too?

Let me give you an example...

I took my '01 S4 Sedan to Keyes for a blown rear differential seal. This was the second of two Audis I'd purchased from Keyes. (I bought this particular S4 there about a month earlier.) The first was a new '01 A4 which I'd purchased about a year earlier. Needless to say, I was a decent customer, for them.

Anyway, my S4 was still completely stock. I'd just gotten it, and at the time it had less than 10,000 miles aboard. (This was nice, since it was already a couple of years old and "Assured" at the time.) I called and spoke to the fourth "new" service manager they'd had since I first ventured to Keyes. I wasn't sure how long the differential had been leaking, and I didn't want to run it dry and make a larger problem for Keyes, who Assured it, and would have had to eat the cost. So, I made an appointment for the following day, which happened to be a Friday. I showed up bright and early Friday morning, and let "Monty" know about the problem. I asked if I would have the car back for the weekend, because I had an event that weekend, and would need to rent something nice if I couldn't have the Audi in service. He promised that I would, so I took Monty's word along with the complimentary Enterprise econobox. Off to work...

I hadn't heard anything from Keyes by 4:00, so I decided to give a call. Monty said that they were just buttoning up my car now, and he'd give a call if there were any issues. His voice sounded a little odd though, so I had a bad feeling. I asked him if I needed to get back to Enterprise and get something better for the weekend, given my need to haul a client. "No. I'll call you."

It was Friday, and studio Fridays were short in the summer. I decided to just go over to Keyes and wait, so I headed back to Enterprise and caught the shuttle back to Keyes. At 4:30, I got out of the shuttle. There was my car, exactly where I'd left it, with the key exactly where I'd left it. My car hadn't moved all day, and there was not a chance that it would have been attended to that afternoon...

I gave Monty about three chances to tell me the truth, but he had opted to just leave me hanging all weekend because it was easier for him to do that, than to break a promise in a manner that would have been considered professional. He didn't expect that I'd drop in on him and see that my car had in fact, not been touched all day. He should have admitted his mistake while there was still time for me to make other arrangements.

I spoke to the "Service Manager" who checked with Monty to confirm the day's events. He apologized, jotted down "Free Wash" on the back of a business card, and sent me back to Enterprise to pick up my "upgrade". (Have you ever allowed Keyes to wash your car?) My free "upgrade" went from the Toyota Corolla I had in the morning, to some sort of squared off GM product. It was the same size, but hey... at least it had power windows. At that point, I'd have paid for something nicer, but it was now closing time at Enterprise, and I got what they had.

****in' Keyes. No wonder you can't keep a Service Manager. You train them to lie, and they don't like that.

For the record, I have had honest dealings with Auto Gallery, though they've found it necessary to test my knowledge frequently, by trying to blame things on me that had nothing to do with me. (It's like a quiz show... and they always lose.) I have had EXCELLENT service experiences on a consistant basis with Beverly Hills Audi, and should any of my cars need dealer service in the future, they will be taken to Beverly Hills, even though there are three dealers to be passed on the way there. I have an Audi and a Porsche. Both have received prompt, honest attention at Beverly Hills.

Quick Reply: Keyes Audi of Van Nuys