Any good Gwinnett window tint shop recommendations? No related posts in years that I've found.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any good Gwinnett window tint shop recommendations? No related posts in years that I've found.

The search forum related posts were from 2002 and such. Looking for something more recent.

I think I want to get the ceramic tint for the allroad which supposedly doesn't interfere with the radio reception since our antennas are in the windows.

The Formula One metallic tint in my S4 destroyed my AM reception. The aftermarket XM finished it off and about killed the FM reception too.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Solar Eclipse, by the mall of Georgia. They sometimes have a waiting list for an...

...appointment, but the do great work. Also very competitively priced. Lifetime warranty on film and installation. Just remember Gwinnett has been bad lately on the window tint law, so don't go to dark. I had to get them to re-tint my front two windows.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Here's a recent article on the subject. >=32% on front windows....anything on the others.

According to this article, I can still get 20% or so on the back windows.
"Law enforcement is only concerned about your front windshield and windows." However, I think the actual law still states >=32% for any windows. They probably wouldn't enforce that though. I'll probably just get the 35% all around, but would like to have the 20%.

Window Tint Law In Effect In Georgia
By Tiffanie Wallace
WMAZ

MACON, GA -- The state window tinting law changed last month. Right now if your windows are too dark you can be pulled over.

All cars, even people passing through on vacation, can be ticketed for dark tinting this summer.

Centerville Police Sergeant Michael Mullins says dark windows are dangerous for officers making traffic stops.

"The person in the car can hide a gun, specially at night it's really bad for us," he said.

Mullins and other officers say the revised law should make traffic stops safer for officers.

Officers use a tint meter to determine if the window is legally tinted. The lower the number, the darker the tinting. A number under 32 is now illegal.

Law enforcement is only concerned about your front windshield and windows.

The rear windows can be as dark as you like because many cars from the dealer come tinted.

Sergeant Michael Mullins says until July first the Centerville Police Department will warn drivers whose windows are too dark.

Mullins says his department wants to give people a chance to lighten their window tinting before giving a ticket.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default set up appt for Saturday. Thanks. $330 quote for CS32 (or whatever the number is) for the allroad

CS is the "color stable" 3M line. It's not ceramic, but is non-metallic, so it won't interfere with AM/FM/XM.

The ceramic quote was $450. A little too pricey for me. Basically the heat reduction goes from 60% with the CS to about 85% with the ceramic.

According to them, the law is 32% all around +/-3% for coupes and sedans, so you could possibly get away with 29%. SUV's are only limited on the front windows @32%, since many SUV's come from the factory with darker rear window tint.

Hmmm, so does that mean I can get away with darker on the rear windows? Probably, but I'd be nervous as ho in church driving around the Gwinnett cops.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:51 PM

Default Xtreme Window tinting....they come to you

lifetime warranty

404-328-6746
Old 08-29-2007, 06:40 AM

Its actualy a 2 year old article.. ridiculous that they can ticket legally tinted out of state cars
Old 08-29-2007, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default your factory windows have a slight tint to them as well... so you'll be pretty close to that 29%

i just had the A6 tinted for $240 all around. $330 sounds expensive.

here's where i had my S4 and the A6 Avant done for $240 each. lifetime warranty. i've been real happy with it. they do really nice work.

Uptown Tint & Sound

3705 Atlanta Highway
Bogart, GA, 30622
(706) 543-6399
Old 08-29-2007, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

yea...I paid $240, too. At Hot Spot in Marietta.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Everything on my car is 20% film, except for the front two windows that have been redone at 35%

The cop explained to me when I got my ticket, that the law only applies to the front two door windows that must be at 32% or lighter. The rest of the windows could legally be painted black as far as I understand.

On another note the Solar Eclipse people have done three of my cars, on five occasions (I've gone back and had the sunroofs done on two of them) They are good people, I doubt they have a referral discount, but you can mention me Kevin, they've done my Trans Am (twice) and my Scion tC (twice), and now the Audi. If you haven't gone by there, and just called for a quote, they are located across from the mall on Ga20, at the end of the stripmall with the Hi-Fi Buys in it.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Not sure of the difference, but avants are more...understandable....but also

it seems there was another price jump with the non-metallic to assure no electronic interference. Don't know if that's just b.s.

There were definately tiers in the pricing of the 2 places I talked to.
Like $249-$369 with the highest being the ceramic tint at one place; the other was over $400 for the ceramic. This CS32 stuff is supposedly a mid-grade.

Sounds like a pretty big price jump for raw material as the install labor is the same. I wonder how much more the ceramic film costs compared to the CS or metallic, etc etc?

Quick Reply: Any good Gwinnett window tint shop recommendations? No related posts in years that I've found.