I think I broke it....

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 02:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think I broke it....

So I drive a 2007 A4 2.0 Quattro S-Line M. Yesterday I noticed a funny sound whenever I was in boost and the car seemed to lack the power it used to have. The sound was more like a soft whistle than the sound of the turbo. The car is chipped with a full exhaust, dp and intake. My best un-educated guess is the diverter valve... I noticed on the way to work this morning that when I stepped on the gas in top gear to try to accelerate around someone that the car pulled pretty well until about 3k RPM and then really seemed to let up.

My questions are, is this consistent behavior with a bad dv? If not, any ideas? How much would it cost to replace and what do you guys recommend? I figure I might as well upgrade instead of just replace at this point. Also, I do not have a boost gauge (yet). After this is fixed I think that will be next.

Last question...what is the damage that can be done driving the car in this condition. I am supposed to take it to south GA this weekend, but if this has the possibility of causing some major damage to the turbo or something then I can ride with someone else. I do still need to drive the car to work everyday, so it will have to be drive some.

I have met some of you guys, but if you don't remember, there are some pics here: www.valdosta.edu/~tbtravis

Thanks for your help.