Suspension Tuning Discussion Discussion forum for general topics regarding suspension tuning

Audi Q7 Air Suspension Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2020, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Q7 Air Suspension Problems

Hello, I am looking for some much needed help. I have a 2007 Audi Q7 4.2L that has the air suspension system. A few weeks ago my compressor stopped working. I was parking the car and it was making a loud noise which sounded like a engine turning over with no spark plug installed. After this it died completely and did not work.

Since that time I have replaced the air compressor assembly, compressor fuse, compressor relay, air solenoid block, and the air compressor supply line (all new). The compressor starts running when the vehicle is switched on as normal for two seconds and then starts a hissing sound while it is running. This is a Wabco replacement compressor made by SKP (purchased new). I have already returned one compressor as I thought it was faulty and they sent me a replacement but I am having the same results. The hissing seems like its coming from the intake/exhaust line of the compressor but no leaks are visible (i have sprayed leak detector on lines etc). Ultimately the suspension does not air up because of this.

I don't have any special code readers etc..