Suspension Tuning Discussion Discussion forum for general topics regarding suspension tuning

C6 with KONI Yellow pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 with KONI Yellow pics

Has anyone here installed koni yellows on their c6? If so how easy is adjusting the rear dampers? Also if you could post some pics of the rears that would be great!
Old 06-15-2012, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

I had Koni Yellows fitted to a previous b5 A4. I think most yellows can be adjusted for rebound, but if you read the small print you'll find they can't be adjusted on-car. They have to be taken off which is a fairly major operation unless you're well set up in your home garage.

I do remember reading somewhere that you can drill a large hole in the suspension tower to gain access to the adjusting screw in the top, but I think it only applies to either front or rear, not both. And I don't know if it applies to the c6 at all
Old 10-07-2012, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Correct on all counts. Now, i'm also suspicious that the poster might be asking about height adjust-ability since he wants pics of the rear. There is no provision for height adjustment in most shocks - that requires a threaded spring perch, or multiple grooves. I dont believe they have them. ask Koni.

Grant
Old 10-08-2012, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Just Me
Correct on all counts. Now, i'm also suspicious that the poster might be asking about height adjust-ability since he wants pics of the rear. There is no provision for height adjustment in most shocks - that requires a threaded spring perch, or multiple grooves. I dont believe they have them. ask Koni.

Grant
Thanks Grant. I'd forgotten about this post!

I have multiple grooves machined into the Bilstein Sports on my A4 which gives ride height-adjustability. But they have no damping adjustment at all. For this you need to send them back to a Bilstein dealer for revalving - a very uncertain process unless you can quote precise requirements (eg 35% stiffer rebound, 20% softer compression) which most mere mortals can't do.

I've never understood why other brands of shock don't offer multiple spring perch grooves for ride height adjustment. Maybe Bilsteins have thicker walls than the rest?

Kerry