Suspension Tuning Discussion Discussion forum for general topics regarding suspension tuning

Coilovers Audi A3 8L

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2021, 03:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coilovers Audi A3 8L

Hello, how are you guys, today I want to leave you here with an installation of a suspension that I have made to a golf IV GTI (same chassis as Audi A3 8l) MAXPEEDINGRODS brand.

Height adjustable suspension, low cost. For street use, not for extreme use but to carry the car very low.
Everything is correct for professional installation. with comfort spring. The pack includes 4 shock absorbers, 2 front and 2 rear with their springs and thread to adjust the height.

It can be set low but you have to keep in mind that it does not go too low if you really want to take it low, you have to modify some things, and you can also set it high to avoid touching the ground.
The suspension is hard but stable, if you are looking for comfort they can be a bit uncomfortable.

There are also different editions (street performance, sport performance) that have some differences in comfort, height adjustability, cushioning and camber. and I found the custom made spring accessible at their factory
I leave here some images of the product and the assembly so that you can see how complete they come.

Top Mounts: Front and Rear OE Top Mounts Required Damping Levels: No

Adjustable height: yes

Adjustable tilt plate: No

Spring rate Front: 7 kg / mm (392 lbs / in)

Spring rate Rear: 5 kg / mm (280 lbs / in) Front drop: 30 mm

Rear lowering: 50mm shock type: double tube

Eye color

Quantity: 2 pieces front + 2 pieces rear as shown Warranty: 2 years warranty Attention: As it is a high performance aftermarket coilover, little modification may be required for some vehicles.

features

1.Twin Tube for longer travel and smoother initial response. And it will certainly feel a lot more controlled than the OEM.

2.Independent ride height and spring preload adjustments. Reduces car without ruining spring tension, allows camber without sacrificing comfort by shortening pitch distance.

3. All inserts come with tight-fitting rubber boots to protect the shock and keep it clean.
4. Anodized adjustable collars and spring seats for easy adjustment and long life cycle.
5. Most of the components are made of 6061 aluminum with T6 for higher toughness; benefits include excellent strength and aluminum helps reduce weight.
6. High tensile strength spring: less than 600,000 continuous tests, the spring distortion is less than 0.04%. In addition, the special surface treatment is aimed at improving durability and performance.

We would also have several suspension variants being able to regulate hardness in some of them.

Shock absorbers for almost all brands:
Audi, Buick, BMW, Chevrolet, Dodge, Ford, Fiat, Holden, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Lexus, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan, Subaru, Toyota, Volkswagen, Vauxhall.

I leave you a discount coupon:

https://es.maxpeedingrods.com/product/coilovers-suspension-kit-for-vw-golf-mk4-1998-2004-bora-1j-audi-a3-8l.html?tracking=chiis1.8t

Old 08-11-2021, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chiis1.8T
Hello, how are you guys, today I want to leave you here with an installation of a suspension that I have made to a golf IV GTI (same chassis as Audi A3 8l) MAXPEEDINGRODS brand.

Height adjustable suspension, low cost. For street use, not for extreme use but to carry the car very low.
Everything is correct for professional installation. with comfort spring. The pack includes 4 shock absorbers, 2 front and 2 rear with their springs and thread to adjust the height.

It can be set low but you have to keep in mind that it does not go too low if you really want to take it low, you have to modify some things, and you can also set it high to avoid touching the ground.
The suspension is hard but stable, if you are looking for comfort they can be a bit uncomfortable.

There are also different editions (street performance, sport performance) that have some differences in comfort, height adjustability, cushioning and camber. and I found the custom made spring accessible at their factory
I leave here some images of the product and the assembly so that you can see how complete they come.

Top Mounts: Front and Rear OE Top Mounts Required Damping Levels: No

Adjustable height: yes

Adjustable tilt plate: No

Spring rate Front: 7 kg / mm (392 lbs / in)

Spring rate Rear: 5 kg / mm (280 lbs / in) Front drop: 30 mm

Rear lowering: 50mm shock type: double tube

Eye color

Quantity: 2 pieces front + 2 pieces rear as shown Warranty: 2 years warranty Attention: As it is a high performance aftermarket coilover, little modification may be required for some vehicles.

features

1.Twin Tube for longer travel and smoother initial response. And it will certainly feel a lot more controlled than the OEM.

2.Independent ride height and spring preload adjustments. Reduces car without ruining spring tension, allows camber without sacrificing comfort by shortening pitch distance.

3. All inserts come with tight-fitting rubber boots to protect the shock and keep it clean.
4. Anodized adjustable collars and spring seats for easy adjustment and long life cycle.
5. Most of the components are made of 6061 aluminum with T6 for higher toughness; benefits include excellent strength and aluminum helps reduce weight.
6. High tensile strength spring: less than 600,000 continuous tests, the spring distortion is less than 0.04%. In addition, the special surface treatment is aimed at improving durability and performance.

We would also have several suspension variants being able to regulate hardness in some of them.

Shock absorbers for almost all brands:
Audi, Buick, BMW, Chevrolet, Dodge, Ford, Fiat, Holden, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Lexus, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan, Subaru, Toyota, Volkswagen, Vauxhall.

the product link:

https://es.maxpeedingrods.com/produc...king=chiis1.8t

the link I leave is the product