Suspension Tuning Discussion Discussion forum for general topics regarding suspension tuning

Paging Tomasz@StartupRacing..... Got a few question about the GT Vogtland Coilover.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paging Tomasz@StartupRacing..... Got a few question about the GT Vogtland Coilover.

I just took delivery of my 08 B7 2.0T Quattro avant, but I found out the OEM sport suspension sit way too high. Really want to lower it to about a finger between the wheel gap. I've heard good things about the GT vogtland co, I wonder is there any difference between the sedan and the avant version? I have heard some avant user saying some co or spring/shocks kit sagged in the rear especially for the avant (maybe the weight of the trunk?) Also, I am living in a condo apartment, is it hard to adjust the ride height? Can it be adjust even the suspension is on the car or even the wheel is on? Sorry, I know it sound stupid, but it's my first time into coilovers, Thank you very much!
Old 01-23-2008, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Paging Tomasz@StartupRacing..... Got a few question about the GT Vogtland Coilover.

Our kits with significantly stiffer rear springs will deliver what you need - a perfect rear ride height. Now, for adjustement you will need to raise the car... removing the wheel will make this easier. But, the rear perch is really well designed and can be adjusted easy. Not the case on competing kits.

Some manufacturers offer Avant specific kits, but our rear spring is stiffer than even their Avant kits.

I just had a customer with a heavy custom stereo upgrade to my kit from Konis. His car finally does not sag in teh back, and does not bounce excesivelly.

If you have an Avant or heavy stereo in the trunk - our kits cannot be beat.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

What do you recommend on CO for a 05 A6 Sedan