TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

10k Service List

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2000, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

Ok, first, the Audi Service Manager actually called me instead of me pestering him. This is a big improvement in my book.

On to the list...

1. 10K Service with customer oil (5w-30 synth)

2. Windblocker rattles at 70-80mph (service tech will enjoy 'experiencing' the problem first hand!)

3. Reprogram FOB: I had to supply the 1-touch VAG code. We'll see if they get this right tomorrow when I pick it up.

4. Lock/Light Problem: He said it was a software change (not a ground problem) Hmm

4 1/2. Light/Lock Problem: They tried to find what this was to no avail. I'll drive it back if it happens during business hours.

5. Washer fluid leak: Leak at bottom of reservoir. I didn't mention that the cap was broken as well...we'll see if that gets fixed proactively.

6. Dimple ring on top of gear shift *** is a bit loose: He said he was able to tight then no problem.

I pick up the car tomorrow after dropping Alex off at work. I'll post the actual status of these items when I get in to work.
Old 11-02-2000, 05:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got the car back... not good news for my dealer's service department

Well, they failed miserably...

1. 10K Service with customer oil (5w-30 synth) - they forgot to give me the remaining quarts back!

2. Windblocker rattles at 70-80mph - operating within factory specs (LighTTin?)

3. Reprogram FOB - The windows go down now via the FOB but no 1-touch lock/unlock. Getting there.

4. Lock/Light Problem - Problem description wasn't as I described. Technician couldn't reproduce. Service Mgr said it was fixed!

4 1/2. Light/Lock Problem - Couldn't reproduce... I'll bring it by when the problem occurs.

5. Washer fluid leak - repaired instead of replaced because part was on order. Put on new washer cap even though I didn't mention it was broken (one point for service!)

6. Dimple ring on top of gear shift *** is a bit loose - they said this was fixed but it was not.

So, the service manager told me that they had fixed the problems that they could but two of them had not be fixed. This was a miscommunication between the service manager and the technician. I watched the service manager right down what was wrong. By the time it got into the computer though it had changed. On top of that they didn't give me my oil back. Not a HUGE deal, but an inconvenience. I figured I'd use the remainder to do my Volvo when it goes in for its service next week. They will be driving the spare oil to my office today or tomorrow as a result.

They can't be looking forward to my evaluation when AoA calls me for the survey.